Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,212   Posts: 1,532,083   Online: 1235

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by jordanstarr View Post
    What I'm looking for in this thread is something like: "Hey Jordan, I shoot with a ________ and I find it to be as good as my Nikon, but for peanuts."
    Hey Jordan, I shoot with an FM and I find it to be as good as my F2, but for peanuts!

Well, I don't really (FM, I do F2), but I did handle an FM and a pretty one with a 35 O will both easily fit under $200 and give you joy on many non-suicide assignments. I see no reason to give up Nikonness, Nikonity and, most importantly, Nikonhood!

By the way, cool sheep!
    Last edited by Vilk; 07-14-2013 at 12:40 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Prices for Japanese 35mm cameras are very low. You can get almost any camera for less than $30 and probably have something that will last you a lifetime. Except for a handful of models, they all are bargains.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by sangetsu View Post
    I hate plastic cameras. They may work for some people, but I can't stand them, especially when solid, pro-level cameras which were once out of reach of regular photographers can now be had for cheap.
    I'm of the opposite inclination. I rarely carry heavy pro cameras now, pretty as they are an F2 with a 35mm metal lens delivers virtually the same image as a Mju II that'll fit in a shirt pocket. The only bad cameras I've bought second hand have been ex-professional models. Low mileage amateur cameras that rarely left their never ready case have proved to be far more reliable shooters. Ironically, one of the toughest 35mm cameras I own is a plastic Canon T90, nicknamed the tank by Japanese photojournalists of the time. Before I had it CLA'ed the electromagnetic shutter was sticking, for which the accepted (if temporary cure) is hitting it on a hard surface. We're not talking a sharp tap here, but slamming the thing onto concrete. Not a scratch.

Shooter
    35mm
    If all manual cameras are your thing, I'd recommend the Canon AT-1. Match needle metering with an electronic shutter in a body that takes modern batteries. Prices are rock bottom.

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I got me a Canon AE-1 with 35 and 50 mm lenses and a nice case for $25 recently. Only needed a new battery.
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T2, Nikon F4s, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by waynecrider View Post
    Is it all metal or a hybrid with plastic?
    All Metal,, I'm re-amazed everytime I use mine at the construction and almost unkown status of these cameras, the only problem I've had is the KR20sp and XRP, the mirror will slowly slip down over time when used with a winder. The fix is easy and the XRP is the only camera I've ever seen with a built in intervalometer. Don't know if I spelled that righyt. lol

Shooter
    Multi Format
    N80, N75 and both are cheap also will work with many other Nikon accessories.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin