Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,301   Posts: 1,536,080   Online: 920

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm RF
    The Nikon F2A is a fairly awesome camera. The battery powers only the meter. The camera is very sturdy, and it's reliable as the sunrise.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you aren't concerned about traditional looks, I'll second the F4 suggestion. F4s to be exact. It handles all the MF lenses well and introduces AF, and it even works with AFS very well.

The metering is second to none. Centerweighted, Matrix, and Spot. Nice ergonomics, rugged, vertical grip, 5fps, interchangable screens, manual or motorized rewind, manual or DX film speed selection, everything...

I paid about $1700 back in '88-89 and it didn't even come with a strap or useful body cap. Now, you can't give them away for $250.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The F4 is one heck of a nice camera. I think I'd consider a F4 if I were to use flash because of the high sync speed at 1/250 sec. As well the metering and auto-focus capabilities are pretty nifty. Used prices are good. I do not like the battery dependence and for this reason only, I do not own one.

My camera is the F2. I don't care that the sync speed is a miserable 1/80 sec. I don't care that the top shutter speed is a measly 1/2000 sec. Nor do I care that both my cameras are almost 40 years old. ( they all work as new! )

I like the fact that the meter is great and the shutter will work when the battery is dead.

The F3HP is pretty nice too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Leicaflex SL or SL2...
    Best viewfinder ever made, fantastically dampened shutter & mirror, some of the best lenses ever.

Or go with the crowd and get a Nikon F or F2...
    M6, SL, SL2, R5, P6x7, SL3003, SL35-E, F, F2, FM, FE-2, Varex IIa

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rol_Lei Nut View Post
    Leicaflex SL or SL2...
    Best viewfinder ever made, fantastically dampened shutter & mirror, some of the best lenses ever.

Or go with the crowd and get a Nikon F or F2...
    The crowd ain't so bad.
    Akiva S.

Nikkormat FTN, Nikon F, Nikon FE, Leica M3

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kshapero/

My Blog

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Nikon F3HP... far and away

Logan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Gotta give a shout for my beloved T-90. Not quite a 'pro' camera, but mighty close.
    http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography...nt90/index.htm
    The multi-spot metering is one of the most functional systems out there.

Gotta admit that the F4 looks sweet too.
    http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography...onf4/index.htm
    Last edited by Greg Campbell; 01-28-2010 at 01:24 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Flee, puny digicams, flee for your life!
    The mighty Bronicasaurus can smell your fear! ROAAARRR!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    F3HP is lovely, fantastic viewfinder, very smooth and fairly small for a pro camera. Flash sync is a bit slow and it takes wierd flashguns with no easy way of getting TTL flash from non-F3-specific guns. F4 is a bit of a beast, but high sync speed, compatibilty with all Nikon type TTL guns, can take a manual cable release, has matrix and spot metering with all lenses. Both have mirror lock-up and viewfinder 'curtains'. I have both and tend to gravitate to the F4 I have to say. I never use autofocus.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You might consider the Pentax LX too. The body, a very rugged, of a refined design and ahead for its time, could be a little expensive even used. But the lenses, really good glass, are so cheap and plenty to find on the used market, one should be stupid not to consider.
    I have three of them and enjoyed a lot shooting with. The LX is a surprisingly large developed 35 mm pro system camera and accessories, of any kind, are easy to find.
    When you buy one check for the „sticky mirror syndrome”, like all camera brands, the LX has a flaw too.
    Have a look : http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography...axlx/index.htm

Philippe
    "...If you can not stand the rustle of the leafs, then do not go in to the woods..."
    (freely translated quote by Guido Gezelle)

PS: English is only my third language, please do forgive me my sloppy grammar...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    As for Canon, the fantastic F-1n with no doubt, if a nikon it's a possibility, don't look further, the mighty F2.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin