Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,301   Posts: 1,536,114   Online: 845

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Problem with EOS 1v

Hi

Been using the 1v with power drive booster E1, all working fine. Then today tried to take a picture half press the shutter button got autofocus beep then camera dies, flashing battery icon.

Tried new batteries (two different sets), then tried without booster, same thing.

Any idea to what has happen.

Thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Check the battery contacts and clean them. If it still happens then clean the electrical contacts between the lens and body. If it still happens, try another lens. If it still happens then I'm afraid it is probably some electrical issue in the circuit boards or shutter.

Shooter
    35mm
    Tried cleaning everything, still no luck. Looks like a trip to canon.

Thanks

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I bought one cheap a while back with the same symptom except that it would appear to work without film or lens.
    Turned out to be slight corrosion of soldered connection between the flexiconnector from the lens pins to another circuit board...conveniently located right behind the front panel.
    A few screws, desolder, remove corrosion, resolder, reassemble.
    About half an hour.
    Easiest fix in a long time!
    I was lucky, yours may have a different fault.

Shooter
    35mm
    Not sure I fancy taking it apart.

But thanks for the reply.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Try putting on a diffrent lens. I had a similar problem and I think it is the lens but I didn't have another one to put on. When I would take the lens off and fire the shutter, the camera would work fine.
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Medium Format
    One of my 1n's has a similar issue. Will get the flashing "bc" symbol and camera won't do anything except a pathetic little click when the shutter is fired. I suspect a loose connection or slight miscalculation by the electronics on a routine internal systems check.

Sometimes it can be fixed by removing and reattaching the lens, sometimes attaching a different lens, sometimes realigning the batteries in the powerbooster and other times will fix itself if I go off for a coffee. Not joking here.

It is a pain but am living with it. As the occurences are random and the "fixes" equally random, I suspect that to find the problem would cost more than a replacement would cost but the camera has been with me for ages so at the moment I let it grow old slightly more gracefully than myself!

Shooter
    35mm
    Tried a different lens tried without a lens, same flashing battery icon.

Sent a email to Fixation they said:

"The most likely cause is the main board has become faulty .replacement
    cost would be app. £95.69p part and £120.00p labour (subject to
    inspection )+ vat and p&p"

Nearly as much as i paid for the camera!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sounds like you have a decision to make. If it were me I'd be inclined to just have it repaired, unless you're tripping over cheap used 1V's where ever you turn. You could, of course, sell it for parts and get another.
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

I am beginning to resent being referred to as 'half-fast'.
    Whatever that's supposed to mean.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by retrac View Post
    "The most likely cause is the main board has become faulty .replacement
    cost would be app. £95.69p part and £120.00p labour (subject to
    inspection )+ vat and p&p"
    Eeeek! I guessed fixing it might be expensive - tough call that one. Get it fixed and know it's ok or take a chance on a replacement. At least if Fixation repair it they can give it a clean and general check as well so it comes back with a reasonable "bill of health".

Tough choice, sorry.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin