Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,002   Posts: 1,524,427   Online: 1044

Shooter
    Medium Format

How do I remove this JCPENNY lens....

HELP! I attached a 50mm lens, manufactured by JCPenny!, onto my just purchased Canon AE 1 and now I cant get the damn thing off. The camera came with three lenses all of which went on and came off without a problem. I have dismantled as much of the lens as possible. Had a jeweler attempt removal alas to no success.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Lismoreian View Post
    HELP! I attached a 50mm lens, manufactured by JCPenny!, onto my just purchased Canon AE 1 and now I cant get the damn thing off.
    First, the JCP lens was an FL or FD mount lens, right. Because that's what will fit on an AE-1.

Second, the FL and old FD mounts are removed by turning the mounting ring counter-clockwise. The newer FD mount has a button that must be depressed before turning the mounting ring counter-clockwise. Look for the lens release button at about the four or five o'clock position on the mounting ring.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Jewellery makers & repairers are highly-skilled people...but not usually familiar with the repair of photographic equipment.
    An experienced camera repairer will be able to remove the lens without causing further damage.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin