Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,951   Posts: 1,557,956   Online: 1011

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    It turned out that the meter connection tab / flange on the lens mount was bent. Bending that back fixed the goofy metering. The shutter button is still not right but I can live with that, as the winder will provide a new new shutter button.
    In life you only get one great dog, one great car, and one great woman. Pet the dog. Drive the car. Make love to the woman. Don't mix them up.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    HAve you tried adjusting the length of "push" using a tiny flatblade screwdriver in the center of the shutter button? Most Pentax ME series have a slotted screw inside and it will adjust the amount of push required. They do loosen up with age and an easy fix.
    Gun Control is like: Reducing drunk driving by making it harder for SOBER people to buy cars.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted White View Post
    I have an MX and its shutter release is smooth and easy. Unfortunately the metering system leaves something to be desired.
    I had an MX myself back in the 1980s, and for a while before I eventually parted with it, the LED's kept flickering up and down. At first, it only occurred when you altered the lens aperture, but eventually it was doing it constantly. Other than that, mechanically it was a great camera.

Shooter
    35mm
    I have the weird metring issue on my ME Super. It seems that the contacts between certain apertures on each of my lenses just don't work right. I just turn to a different aperture to meter then put in manual to get the exposure I want in the aperture I want.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin