Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,972   Posts: 1,558,699   Online: 837

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Pentax SP500 meter adjustment

Hi everyone,

I have an SP500 whose meter is about two stops slow. I've read repeatedly that it's easy to adjust the meters on these cameras: You remove the rewind knob, remove the film reminder dial, and there's a hole underneath through which you adjust a variable resistor.

Well, I got to the hole, but I don't see anything inside that looks adjustable; just a red wire, a black wire, and a tiny round socket of some sort. The socket could be part of a pot, I suppose, but I don't see any obvious way to make it turn, or to tell which way to turn it. Can somebody give me elementary instructions on what to do next?

(Yes, I know, I could compensate with the ASA dial, as long as I never shoot anything above 400. But I'd rather actually fix it.)

Thanks

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That's a variable resistor. There's a "finger" that goes off the center & is rotated to make the adjustment. I use a small pair of tweezers, one leg in the pivot & one on the finger, there's usually a depression for the tweezers to engage.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks---I got it! It'll be nice to have this camera hitting on all eight.

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin