Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,685   Posts: 1,548,545   Online: 1103

View Poll Results: Which one would you choose, if economics were ignored?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • F5

11 20.75%
  • F6

42 79.25%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Always preferred a heavier camera so it's the 5 for me every time. Only ever tried the 6 once, without the battery grip, but it felt like a "pro-sumer" model to me. Not sure it even deserves to be an F.
    Sorry to go against the flow!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have both F4 & F5..... The F4 is Nikons' sexiest SLR. The F5 is great but I don't really enjoy digging through the LCD menus.
    ------------------------------------
    -Joe
    RB67, ETR, ETRS, F4, F5, FM3a, A1, AE1,
    Bronica-S, Mamiya-7, Yashica TLR, & many many Range finders
    ------------------------------------

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Blog Entries
    Images
    F100

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I really prefer the F4 because it works well with all my lenses. However, if I had to choose between the F5 and F6, I would choose the F5 because I need the interchangeable view finder.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    have you held either of them in your hands? Effin' heavy! Do you need anything more than what the F100 has?
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    35mm RF
    In terms of results, you won't find much difference. I owned an F4 and bought an F5 new in 1998 which I still use as one of my two main 35mm film cameras. I can't fault it in any way except that the focus point display is not as good as the D200 I also own.

Here in the UK, a used F5 in near mint condition is available for about £250; an F6 is quite a bit more. Although I use the latest generation Nikon Speedlights with my digital SLR, these aren't necessary with the F5. I had a D100 with an SB(something or other) DX which was rubbish: a real step back from the F5/F100 flash. The SB-900/600/400 are great but they don't do a lot more than the SB-28 did for film. Personally, I own an SB-900, SB-600 and SB-400, but also 4 x SB-28's which I use for much of my digital flash photography. The Nikon lighting system is great but the extra automation doesn't add very much, IMHO.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin