Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,247   Posts: 1,660,174   Online: 841

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I don't know this model. I bought my wife an Olympus P&S back in the 1990s. It had a great lens, but the viewfinder was one of the worst that I've ever seen: Incredibly tiny and always difficult to see through.

I had only mild misgivings when it was stolen in China.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just picked up a pair of Oly Stylus, original model. Haven't used them yet, but they seem like great little cams. Now to find some fast film...
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

Right now in Spain they're holding the Running of the Bulls,
    followed by the Soiling of the Pants, and the Burying of the Idiots.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've also noticed my Olys fall to bits / stop working. I think I've trashed five or six so far. It seems to me that the ones that have signs of external damage either don't work so well or simply stop working. I try to get the ones that look pristine, those are more likely to work better.

I've had problems with: light meter failing, lens motor noisy, viewfinder blurry, object blocking part of random images, panorama switch falling off, AF failing. That's so far. I have a couple at the moment that seem OK (including the zoom 140 with the blurry viewfinder) but unfortunately the last three Epics I've had have all died on me and I don't have one currently. Just received a mju III 120 that seems fairly nice except for a sticky lens door - anyone know how to clean the tracks out?

I tried other brands - I have a Pentax 35-70 water resistant, but it's far too bulky for such a limited zoom range. Nice photos though. Also tried a Nikon One Touch Zoom and the photos I got back were simply horrid. Guess I might try another one of those and see if the others are better

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin