Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,224   Posts: 1,532,639   Online: 893

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I don't know this model. I bought my wife an Olympus P&S back in the 1990s. It had a great lens, but the viewfinder was one of the worst that I've ever seen: Incredibly tiny and always difficult to see through.

I had only mild misgivings when it was stolen in China.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just picked up a pair of Oly Stylus, original model. Haven't used them yet, but they seem like great little cams. Now to find some fast film...
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

I am beginning to resent being referred to as 'half-fast'.
    Whatever that's supposed to mean.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've also noticed my Olys fall to bits / stop working. I think I've trashed five or six so far. It seems to me that the ones that have signs of external damage either don't work so well or simply stop working. I try to get the ones that look pristine, those are more likely to work better.

I've had problems with: light meter failing, lens motor noisy, viewfinder blurry, object blocking part of random images, panorama switch falling off, AF failing. That's so far. I have a couple at the moment that seem OK (including the zoom 140 with the blurry viewfinder) but unfortunately the last three Epics I've had have all died on me and I don't have one currently. Just received a mju III 120 that seems fairly nice except for a sticky lens door - anyone know how to clean the tracks out?

I tried other brands - I have a Pentax 35-70 water resistant, but it's far too bulky for such a limited zoom range. Nice photos though. Also tried a Nikon One Touch Zoom and the photos I got back were simply horrid. Guess I might try another one of those and see if the others are better

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin