Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,846   Posts: 1,582,732   Online: 897

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It was interesting to come across this post. The Zuiko's are great lenses! As I began with the OM1n [which I still have] I found that for my work I now have stayed within the digital realm for many reasons. With that being said I can add to this thread that this lens lends itself beautifully on a digital body. I must add though that in certain situations there can be a fair amount of internal ghosting that shows up in the image. A longer lens hood usually helps as the stock hood is rather short. So far I have converted several other OM Zuikos for use on Nikon digital bodies and I have been extremely pleased with the results. Nice to see a thread on this lens. Others that are also great are the 350 F2.8 and the 180 F2.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Just to keep this thread alive, here are a couple of images (most of them, shot at f/2.0) I printed in the darkroom this past weekend shot with this lens:

These were all actually shot a couple of months ago, I haven't used this "paintbrush" in my toolbox very recently, but the negatives are always a joy to work with. Whever I print negatives from this lens, I want to go out and shoot the lens some more :-)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Outstanding, Dawid.

Ken
    http://www.zone-10.com

When you turn your camera on, does it return the favor?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Those are great images; that's an incredible lens. I've lusted after some big Zuiko glass for my OM2n, but never had enough cash. John Hermanson currently has this monster for sale at zuiko.com:

http://zuiko.com/600_65.jpg

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I remember the first time I saw this lens - I was amazed. It was 20 years ago when I was working in the state forensic science lab. We had both the 250/2 and 350/2.8 lenses. They were amazingly sharp, but to me they never felt that well balanced hand held....probably because the camera bodies are so light - even when the bodies were fitted with motordrives...

A few years later I also became a Canon NF1 user, and owned a 300/2.8. I had no problems hand holding this lens with a NF1 with a motordrive fitted when shooting motorsport - it was a very well balanced outfit...

Same can't be said for a 400/2.8 - that would just about kill you if you tried to hand hold if for more than a few minutes....you had to use a monopod..

Have fun with it..there's nothing quite like the results you get from a big, high speed lens...
    A camera is only a black box with a hole in it....

my blog...some film, some digital http://andrewk1965.wordpress.com/

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Strange and complex interplay in the bokeh of a severely out-of-focus christmas tree. For these kinds of shots, the 250/2 works so much better than your average $10,000 50mm f/0.95

Who ate the bokeh?

(Zuiko 250mm at f/2.0, Ilford Delta 400, Olympus OM-1n, ugly direct scan - still need to make an optical print)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I like how enthusiastic you still are, two years on!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    @philosomatographer: +1
    OM-1n: Do I need to own a Leica?
    Rolleicord Va: Humble.
    Holga 120GFN: Amazingly simple yet it produces outstanding negatives to print.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MacReady View Post
    I like how enthusiastic you still are, two years on!
    One cannot help being perpetually enthusiastic about this solid hunk of mechanical art! I just post images to this thread as I discover them in my older negatives... Besides, the moment I stop being enthusiastic about this lens Ken N will be hounding me to donate it to his Olympus living history farm, where it would be enthusiastically appreciated indeed

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My vultures are circling.
    http://www.zone-10.com

When you turn your camera on, does it return the favor?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin