Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,871   Posts: 1,583,382   Online: 1095

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm

Praktica Super TL2

Just got a like new Sl2, even the meter works, however the film wind lever and shutter button seems to be frozen. I've AI converted pre Ai lense so I'm ready to go "in camera" for the 1st time. Any suggestions.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I just had a Pentax K1000 with a similar problem. I corrected it in about five minutes by removing the bottom plate and moving a lever into position so that the shutter button would release the shutter.

If you like, I can send you a photo of the Pentax K1000, and see if the Praktica is similar.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by elekm View Post
    I just had a Pentax K1000 with a similar problem. I corrected it in about five minutes by removing the bottom plate and moving a lever into position so that the shutter button would release the shutter.

If you like, I can send you a photo of the Pentax K1000, and see if the Praktica is similar.
    Yes, Please!

Shooter
    35mm

I'd really like to rescue this camera. I use all my cameras and they look it, but this thing looks like it's never been touched, not a scratch or blemish on it or the Pentacon 50mm 1.8 lens on it

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Was about to suggest removing the bottom plate, but Mike beat me to it... ;-)

Unblocked several cameras that way.
    M6, SL, SL2, R5, P6x7, SL3003, SL35-E, F, F2, FM, FE-2, Varex IIa

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Here's what a Pentax K1000 looks like. See if your camera is similar. By pushing down the lever that I marked, I was able to release the shutter. I left the lens on the camera, so that you could tell which side was up and which side was down.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    A close-up of the part:

Shooter
    Multi Format
    An addition to Mike's photographs:
    As I said, I unblocked several cameras through he bottom plate and in most cases they looked very different from the K1000 illustrated....

Once the bottom plate is off, try to press the shutter release and see what moves on the camera bottom.
    Typically, the shutter release pushes something down , which releases something else (which allows the shutter to fire). It is this "something else" which is sometimes jammed or out of place.

Might take a little careful probing and detective work, but if you are gentle and note where everything is (take a picture if possible) , you shouldn't do any damage.
    M6, SL, SL2, R5, P6x7, SL3003, SL35-E, F, F2, FM, FE-2, Varex IIa

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikon Collector View Post
    Just got a like new Sl2, even the meter works, however the film wind lever and shutter button seems to be frozen. I've AI converted pre Ai lense so I'm ready to go "in camera" for the 1st time. Any suggestions.
    I have freed up several Prakticas by thumping them hard on the baseplate with the butt of my hand. Thumping while pushing the shutter release, not push it, incantations and curses.
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Shooter
    35mm
    Here's what a Pentax K1000 looks like. See if your camera is similar. By pushing down the lever that I marked, I was able to release the shutter. I left the lens on the camera, so that you could tell which side was up and which side was down.

Just fixed a friends K1000 with the help of this photo, thanks elekm!
    "If it can be written or thought, it can be filmed." - Stanley Kubrick

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin