Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,640   Online: 737

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by goros View Post
    Hola Maka,

...and, as you want a "spotish" light meter, it must be either the OM3 or OM4 with a true spot meter...
    The OM2SP (Spot Progamme) has a "spot-meter" feature in "manual" mode.

Shooter
    35mm
    My Pentax ME-Super is definitely smaller than my OM-1n and is a great slr that produces beautifully sharp pictures. Another small slr to consider is the Minolta XD-11. It's about the same size as the OM-1 and has too many great features to delve into here. It doesn't have a spot meter but in addition to taking a meter reading when you press the shutter halfway, it takes another reading immediately before the lens is stopped down and the photo is made. It doesn't formally have "P" mode but it does have Aperture Priority as well as Shutter Priority. When in Shutter Priority if you have set the camera at a setting that won't properly expose the picture, the camera will shift to an appropriate setting automatically, in essence the first Program camera, and certainly the first multi-mode camera.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I was wondering if anyone was going to suggest a Minolta Xd-11 and some Rokkor primes. Fairly compact, well featured unit with great handling, good viewfinder, and a beautiful sounding shutter.
    Of course the OM series is tiny and good as well...but there's just something about the old Minolta / Leica bodies and primes that I love.
    Jed

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewc View Post
    Another small slr to consider is the Minolta XD-11. It's about the same size as the OM-1 and has too many great features to delve into here. It doesn't have a spot meter ...
    At that point, why not go the whole hog and get a Leica R4?
    It's derived form the XD11, but with spot metering and an even better viewfinder (and some o.k.ish lenses...)
    M6, SL, SL2, R5, P6x7, SL3003, SL35-E, F, F2, FM, FE-2, Varex IIa

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin