Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,560   Posts: 1,545,261   Online: 825

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Lithium batteries have a early voltage dropoff. The silver-oxides hold voltage till the end. With some of the OM bodies, the lithiums will drop below the needed operational voltage rather rapidly. In fact, with the OM-2S and OM-4 (original), this point of insufficient voltage can occur in hours.

The OM-2n is a pure pleasure to use. It handles like a sports car in comparison to other cameras.

The lenses, even if they are the older silvernosed variety, should be outstanding performers. In fact, many of us actually prefer the early-mid formula of the 100 F2.8 to the later versions. The 50 F3.5 is one of the best macro lenses of any make--only superceded by Olympus' even better macro lenses.
    http://www.zone-10.com

When you turn your camera on, does it return the favor?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    FilmOnly, you should check out this websight:-

http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography...m1n2/index.htm

Welcome to the wonderful world of Olympus OM.
    I'm into painting with light - NOT painting by numbers!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    FilmOnly,

Don't be resistant to using the automatic exposure mode of the OM-2N. Remember that ALL OM cameras with auto exposure use aperture preferred auto exposure. The photographer must decide what aperture to set the lens and then the camera will provide the correct shutter speed.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mopar_guy View Post
    Remember that ALL OM cameras with auto exposure use aperture preferred auto exposure.
    Except the ones that offer program mode, like the OM-2 SP.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Program Mode (in the OM-2S Program and the OM PC) works as follows:

1) set the camera to Program
    2) set the lens to it's minimum aperture
    3) press the shutter release

The camera will set both the aperture and the shutter speed based on meter readings while the exposure is being taken. I used Program mode a few times when my OM-2S was new in the mid 1980's but I haven't used that feature for a long time. It has simply become second nature to use the aperture preferred Auto mode. I can quickly decide which aperture range to use depending on how bright the subject is and what kind of depth of field I want to have.
    Last edited by mopar_guy; 02-06-2010 at 09:39 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: grammar error

Shooter
    35mm
    I thank you, John, Ken, Allan, et. al. I very much appreciate your input and your warm regards. I cannot wait for the camera and lenses to arrive. The package is supposed to arrive on Monday, but we are currently buried in two feet of snow (with a few more inches coming). I just got in after shoveling for three hours. Once I receive the camera, I will probably send it out immediately for an overhaul. It should be in nice condition (EX+), but I would rather start things out with all settings and such in squeaky clean shape.

PS: I have a sense that the OM-2N may be the camera I have overlooked over the years--the camera for which I have "been waiting." Well, after about ten years of using nearly every other SLR, it will certainly be interesting the see what happens. I will put this camera and the two lenses through a couple of tests rolls (something I have been wanting to do, but have not). I will document each frame, and then review the results.

Shooter
    127 Format
    My very first film SLR was an OM1 back in 1975. In fact, until now, I've never had a film SLR except for OM1 and OM10.

I fell in love with Olympus then and for many years I thought I was the only one who enjoyed the OM system.

Now it's amazing to me to find people all over the internet that like OM cameras.

I have a feeling once you start using an OM slr you will be very pleased.

-Bill L.

Quote Originally Posted by FilmOnly View Post

PS: I have a sense that the OM-2N may be the camera I have overlooked over the years--the camera for which I have "been waiting." Well, after about ten years of using nearly every other SLR, it will certainly be interesting the see what happens. I will put this camera and the two lenses through a couple of tests rolls (something I have been wanting to do, but have not). I will document each frame, and then review the results.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin