Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,000   Posts: 1,524,333   Online: 708
      
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 36
  1. #11
    lxdude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Redlands, So. Calif.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    6,587
    Quote Originally Posted by keithwms View Post

    So, those are two prominent hills of beans that you must steer between if you aim to get the most out of the floating element lenses.
    I hate it when I get beans in my lenses. Interferes with the floating elements.

  2. #12
    lxdude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Redlands, So. Calif.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    6,587
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post

    Fish-eye lenses are supposed to have barreling. That is part of the "charm".

    Steve

  3. #13
    lxdude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Redlands, So. Calif.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    6,587
    Quote Originally Posted by Q.G. View Post
    You should have dropped the floating element in the water.
    Not the 55 mm Mikro Nikkor.
    That's elementary.
    Maybe he wanted to make it lighter? Of course, painting it white would accomplish that.

  4. #14

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    South Texas, USA
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Posts
    1,885
    To all who replied to my floating element test: I did drop the floating element in the water... not the lens. As I said before it sank. However, I now realize my mistake. I should have used heavy water.

  5. #15
    darinwc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    2,038
    Images
    157
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1234 View Post
    I removed the floating element from my 55mm Micro Nikkor and dropped it in water. It sank!! So much for truth in advertising...

    UUUUUGG! FACE+PALM

  6. #16
    lxdude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Redlands, So. Calif.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    6,587
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1234 View Post
    To all who replied to my floating element test: I did drop the floating element in the water... not the lens. As I said before it sank. However, I now realize my mistake. I should have used heavy water.
    Ah! I now have a nu clear understanding.

  7. #17

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    5,686
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1234 View Post
    To all who replied to my floating element test: I did drop the floating element in the water... not the lens. As I said before it sank. However, I now realize my mistake. I should have used heavy water.
    Ah, yes!
    A common, because easy to make, mistake.
    Someone should have warned you in advance.

    But what did you say before it sank?
    Last edited by Q.G.; 02-05-2010 at 02:56 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Left out what

  8. #18
    darinwc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    2,038
    Images
    157
    Quote Originally Posted by Q.G. View Post
    Ah, yes!
    A common, because easy to make, mistake.
    Someone should have warned you in advance.
    I think my advance is stuck. It wont move past 24.
    And how do I get into play mode?

  9. #19

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    5,686
    Quote Originally Posted by darinwc View Post
    And how do I get into play mode?
    Press "Play".
    Should be near "Pause", and in between "Fast forward" and "Rewind".
    Don't touch "Rec" though.

  10. #20

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    South Texas, USA
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Posts
    1,885
    Quote Originally Posted by Q.G. View Post
    But what did you say before it sank?
    I chanted (not said), "Abbra cadabra... FLOAT, you magical bit of optical wonder"!! Maybe I didn't use the correct chant?!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast


 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin