Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,903   Posts: 1,555,827   Online: 756

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Vert grip, or no?

I'm shooting a Nikon N90s with the vertical grip, but I'm considering taking off the grip, as it almost doubles the size of the camera. For the people with the option, what do you prefer?
    Marko Kovacevic
    Blog
    Youtube

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The question is "What do you prefer?" not someone else.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    hello

i have that camera! and also the mb-10! if shooting with a heavy lens use the vertical grip it can stabilize your grip, if not don´t. if you don´t need the auto babling xpto thinguies use a fm2 or a f3, lighter cameras and more silent and simple.
    vive la resistance!

Shooter
    35mm
    I've never used a grip, never thought I needed the extra weight and bulk. Battery life hasn't been that big of deal.

That said, I'm strictly amateur, never did a paid shoot, and never used any big glass. So like the first respondent said, what do you prefer? You are in the ideal position to make a choice, since you can try it both ways.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have grips on all 4 of my Canon SLRs and I guess I'll always buy a grip with any house I buy. I really like the balance it gives me and because I shoot a lot of portrait I really like the extra shutter release. Furthermore it gives me possibility of using normal batteries if I run dry.

Shooter
    35mm
    I much prefer shooting with a grip. I never shoot without one, and each of my bodies has a grip mounted to it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I do have one with a vetical grip. It doesn't matter to me if there is one or not.

Jeff

Shooter
    35mm
    My MB-10 never leaves my N90s, nor does my MB-15 ever leave my F-100 bodies. It's much easier to handhold it, and the very small amount of weight adds stabilitly when handholding the rig at marginal shutter speeds.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have always used a grip with every body I have owned - just feels more "solid" for me.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiron Kid View Post
    My MB-10 never leaves my N90s, nor does my MB-15 ever leave my F-100 bodies. It's much easier to handhold it, and the very small amount of weight adds stabilitly when handholding the rig at marginal shutter speeds.
    Ditto
    And with big hands using the cameras without grip can be a pain, litterally
    On the 90 the grip adds very little weight but some bulk.
    Best regards
    Send from my Electronic Data Management Device using TWOFingerTexting

Technology distinquishable from magic is insufficiently developed

Søren Nielsen
    Denmark

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin