Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,707   Posts: 1,548,500   Online: 930

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    While I'm currently single, in the past I've always adhered to the "Never put everything in one place where she can see the true quantity of equipment at one time" approach. So while I'm more centralized now, I still harbor the squirreling instinct. Somewhere in there is a dirty "burying my nuts" joke, but I'm a bigger man than that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I also spread mine around so my wife can't see it all in one place.

Generally the stuff used somewhat frequently is in camera bags; the stuff used less frequently or parts in Rubbermaid containers. Small bits in one of those units with a lot of small drawers.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I mostly prefer the Feng Shui method of organizing my cameras. So far as far as I got is cameras on my scanner table, cameras on my light table, cameras on my lens cabinet. Well at least they are off the floor !!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have four camera bags, each holding a body, two or three lenses, and assorted paraphernalia. Most of my gear is stored in plastic drawer units where I can ostensibly find stuff readily. Plus a large assortment of crap scattered about in the aforementioned Feng Shui style; on the recliner, the turntable, under the bed...
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

I am beginning to resent being referred to as 'half-fast'.
    Whatever that's supposed to mean.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I have all my primes in one big Trekker bag.

I have all my zooms in another big Trekker bag.

I keep my (2) DSLR bodies, and (5) SLR bodies in three smaller trekker bags, and my three flashes, and other misc stuff in yet another bag. These bags and the two lens bags always stay home.

When I want to go out and shoot, I pick out one or two lenses, a body or two and place those items in a bag I use just when I'm out and about; I like to travel as light and loose as possible, keeping the majority of my kit at home.

A few mentioned spreading the kit across several parts of the house; so the wife doesn't freak at the amount of kit one has. One of the reasons I divorced my 2nd wife was because she blew a fuse every time I bought kit. Over time I did what I had to do; I left her. A week after the divorce was finalized, I blew several thousand on kit, and talk about liberation, wow!! While driving to a photo shoot, I saw her car on the freeway, and I got next to her and waved my 400mm F2.8 out the window at her....this was 100 times more insulting to her then had I gave her the bird with both hands...honest! Damnation I nearly dropped the lens on the 405 freeway, I was laughing so hard....
    Coming back home to my film roots. Canon EOS-3 SLR, Canon EOS 1V SLR, 580ex flash, and 5D DSLR shooter. Prime lens only shooter.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a big steel floor to ceiling office cupboard with internal shelves and draws that I fitted out recently to take all my gear.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by wblynch View Post
    In a big pile in the corner

(no... really)
    Two big piles: One for the stuff I use frequently and one for the stuff I can't bear to sell....

:rolleyes:
    M6, SL, SL2, R5, P6x7, SL3003, SL35-E, F, F2, FM, FE-2, Varex IIa

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Keep everything in bags and Pelican cases that are usually kept close by. I do have a dedicated photo closet, but it's mainly where I store my negatives (that also have their own lock-tight case), lights, etc.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have two plastic sealable boxes that are designed to keep mold from forming. I keep all my cameras in them.
    Those who know, shoot film

Shooter
    35mm
    I have a camera bag that I never take outside. It sits in the corner and my gear is in there. Once it gets too full, I know I have to sell something off.
    Steve.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin