Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,575   Posts: 1,545,710   Online: 742

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Everything on one centralized shelving unit-- Cameras displayed openly, lenses arranged beside. I keep all accessories in gear bags, and load body and whichever extra lenses in appropriate bag. I prefer not to store these in the bags to avoid mold and mildew or rust. Most of my gear is over 30 years old, and no problems.

Rick

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My gear is in a large wood hutch with two drawers on the bottom. Looks nicer full of cameras, I think. The top four shelves are full of cameras and lenses, the drawers are full of film holders, cases, etc.
    Rick Jason.
    "I'm still developing"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am a hybrid user of the "Strewn-hither-and-yon" technique and the shelf technique. I ran out of shelf and then discovered I had a desk. And a table and a floor. Gee what do you know I have a livingroom as wel. With tables, tv's floor etc. O yeah I have a basement locker and a studio. Not to mention a car. So lot's of places to store my camera,s darkroom stuff.
    Reality is whatever stays when you stop believing in it.
    allthingsanalogue.weebly.com
    darkroomninja.blogspot.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have an entire room full of shelves dedicated to cameras. That way I grab and go. My mayor problem is the filters.

Shooter
    35mm
    Back when I had 4 cameras, I would put them all in my huge Domke bags and always pack a smaller bag for whichever camera(s) I was using for the day. But now that bag is reserved for my medium format gear…

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    There's a former bookshelf in the dining room that is now full of camera and photography stuff. And then several bags in my office with various small camera bits (35mm, the Rolleiflex, and the Digital), and then the 5x12, 11x14, and the whole plate cameras are on tripods in the living and dining rooms. The basement is full up with all my studio lights (going back to the new studio shortly).

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Any flat surface which someone else has not already claimed.

Quote Originally Posted by ricksplace View Post
    My gear is in a large wood hutch
    In the UK a hutch is a wooden cage used to keep a pet rabbit in!

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    35mm
    I have a gun safe but no guns -- just my guitar and my camera gear. I custom built a shelving unit to fit inside to accomodate the guitar in a hard shell case, a pelican case and medium and small shelves for a loaded shoulder bag, backpack, tripod, and all my other camera related items. Other than my darkroom and post production equipment, all my camera gear lives in the safe. My house is entry alarmed, so I don't generally lock the safe on a daily basis, but when we're away from home it's nice to know it's locked and secure.

My bigger storage and organizational challenge is with post production gear -- mat boards, mat cutters, frames, glass, dry mount press, print storage, and so on.

I consider myself lucky as my wife is my biggest fan and actually encourages me to go ahead and buy something I've had my eye on --I'm the one who has to supply all the hold-back willpower.

Regards,

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Middlegraystudios - welcome to the site.

I bought a suitcase at a garage sale and lined it with eggcrate foam. One side of the case is for the MF gear, meters, and flashes. The other side is for 35mm. When go out for a shoot, I load the needed equipment into my Domke and go. The bag gets unloaded within a week not being used. The LF camera, holders, and accessories are in their own case. Tripods, light stands, and lights are in various closets. Film and paper are in the fridge (and freezer).

Mike

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Years ago I bought a large cabinet to hold all my camera gear.* A coworker opined that this purchase had changed my status from photographer to collector. :o

* I've since outgrown that cabinet and moved to a closet.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin