Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,985   Posts: 1,523,942   Online: 938

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    If he is planning on using his Sony lenses, he may need to get the slightly smaller Alpha/Dynax/Maxxum 7 rather than the 9 model. The 9 is larger and "professional", but it lacks the SSM AF system used in Sony zoom lenses. I use the 9 and the Sony A850, but since I only use the prime lenses, I didn't need the SSM AF. If he gets the 9, he will only be able to use manual focus on SSM lenses. These lenses are the CZ 16-35mm, CZ 24-70mm, 70-200mm G, 70-300mm G, and 70-400mm G. Everything else will work in AF mode on all Minolta AF film cameras.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    True, Greg. However, if he wants to drop about $350 +/- depending on current exchange rate, he can have the 9 upgraded at Runtime in Germany for ADI / SSM capability.
    I did a whole write-up on Dyxum.com about it, when 5 of us got together and sent our cameras over. A spendy little venture, but kind of neat.
    Best,
    Jed

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    From what I understand, the process is more expensive now and takes a very long time to get through customs in Germany. I considered it, but it was going to cost more than the camera itself after shipping, customs, and VAT added on.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    Multi Format
    XD-11
    SRT-101
    The glass is great too.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Pumalite View Post
    XD-11
    SRT-101
    The glass is great too.
    But the OP is looking for an auto focus camera to use with Minolta AF and Sony lenses they already own.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The only truly professional quality SLR that Minolta made that was on a par with the Nikon F and the Canon F1 was the XE1 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minolta_X-1.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    The only truly professional quality SLR that Minolta made that was on a par with the Nikon F and the Canon F1 was the XE1 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minolta_X-1.
    If we were talking about manual focus Minolta cameras, I think the camera to name would be the XK, if I am remembering the name correctly. But we're not talking about manual focus cameras. The question was about Minolta autofocus cameras.
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    We should probably have the thread name changed to include AF in the title.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Chazzy View Post
    If we were talking about manual focus Minolta cameras, I think the camera to name would be the XK, if I am remembering the name correctly. But we're not talking about manual focus cameras. The question was about Minolta autofocus cameras.
    Where in the original question does it say autofocus ?. It was the XK in the US only Charles the X1 in Japan and the XM in Europe.
    Last edited by benjiboy; 02-10-2010 at 07:33 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    Where in the original question does it say autofocus ?. It was the XK in the US only Charles the X1 in Japan and the XM in Europe.
    Have a look at post #7.
    Charles Hohenstein

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin