Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,478   Posts: 1,571,125   Online: 1158

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Yes, I remember the XK was competing with the Nikon F2 and Canon F1 at the time.

mjs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    To summarize for the original poster, the Maxxum or Dynax 9 was the last autofocus camera Minolta made specifically aimed at Pros. However, the Maxxum / Dynax 7 was in fact produced later than the 9 and has the ability to use all the fancy Sony lenses whereas the 9 can only use some of the very fanciest in manual focus mode. Thus, a Maxxum 7 would be the "latest and greatest" Minolta Maxxum AF body, the Maxxum 9 the latest "Pro" body. Both are outstanding technology.

Me? I settled on a Maxxum 800si and I couldn't be happier. I think the flash can be seen in the next county...

As far as manual focus goes, everyone has a fav. Kind of a silly argument, actually: it's the glass that counts and many of Minolta's lenses, particularly their primes, are superb and work on all those cameras.

Yeah, I know: kicking the beehive. I'm subversive, I can't help it.

Mike
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming– “Wow! What a Ride!”

— Hunter S. Thompson

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I was dumb enough to sell al my srt-101 gear for a song to a coworker when I inherited a complete maxxum kit from my late brother. Nice camera, but I really don't think the lenses are any where as sharp as the older Rokkors, or the vivitar series one zoom I had. The 101 was always "pro" enough for me, and I shot miles of film through it, and made lots of $$$$ with it too. Oh, and it spent 4 years in the USAF with me shoting evrey day.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    As many others have said the Maxxum 9 and 7 were the last top of the line film bodies made by Minolta. I love them both and when they came out they really showed how Minolta was at the top of their came in terms of camera design and performance. For my money, I'd go with the 7 as the 9 was a bit too much of a beast for my needs.

The timing of these two models was really unfortunate as I seem to remember they came out right as the digital craze was gaining speed. Minolta was clearly putting more marketing dollars in its early DiMage digital models and these two truely excellent cameras got completely drowned out and ignored.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by arealitystudios View Post
    Minolta was clearly putting more marketing dollars in its early DiMage digital models and these two truely excellent cameras got completely drowned out and ignored.
    That is sad too because those DiMage DSLR's are absolute noisy craap. It seems the Maxxum 7 is the last SLR AF flagship Pro body to get....thanks everyone!
    Coming back home to my film roots. Canon EOS-3 SLR, Canon EOS 1V SLR, 580ex flash, and 5D DSLR shooter. Prime lens only shooter.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverGlow View Post
    What is the model name for the last flagship Minolta 35mm SLR made? I want to buy their pro best latest model on eBay but I'm not sure what model to look for.

Please advise, and thanks!
    The question is for the LAST FLAGSHIP 35MM SLR.
    It's the Maxxum 9. because it's the last. It's the flagship camera (for better or worse the 7 wasn't the flagship). It's a 35mm SLR.
    The op didn't say AF or MF.
    The op said the last not every flagship model so although the XK, Maxxum 9000 etc... are flagship they are not the last.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin