Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,570   Posts: 1,545,494   Online: 1209

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Bad metering on my Olympus Trip 35

Hi

I have noticed the negs from my Olympus Trip 35 are rather thin. I also tested it with a slide film and it seems that it exposes 1 stop less than needed. I shot the slide at day time so the shutter time should be fine. Is it the meter that is tired after those years?

Kind regards Morten

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Could be. If the underexposure is consistent, you can correct by dialing in a lower ASA number.
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I'll try that, but if it's the meter then I think I remember it to be non-consistent, then. But I'll give it a try. Nevertheless it is an excuse to shoot a roll of film

Shooter
    35mm
    I do remember when I was in the retail trade many years ago, we used to sell many Trip 35's second-hand and several appeared to have the same problem as yours, where it under-exposed by one stop or maybe even two, so you're not alone. It's as John has advised, you can alter the film speed to compensate for this (one of the advantages of a non DX-coded camera).

They are really nice cameras capable of producing some good sharp images.
    Carl.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin