Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,931   Posts: 1,585,450   Online: 1090

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It is tough to beat the light output of an SB25 or SB26. I would suggest checking KEH in Atlanta, since if you do have a problem with a used flash, you can return or exchange it. I own one SB25 and many SB26 Speedlights. The SB26 versions can be set-up as remote flashes with the slave feature, so you can add lots of light to nearly any scene.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Yes, you can do the 2nd curtain with the Metz, but most of the time I just drop the shutter speed to get the background to register. You will need the correct Metz module, which is 3401, and that unit has the Man/Sun adjustment such as the SB 24/26, which I never use. I do use the exposure compensation a lot, which on the module, is a small slider switch in 1/3 increments, extremely fast and intuitive to use especially at weddings. When shooting fast and switching from light colored bridesmaids dresses to black groomsmens tuxes the adjustment is quick by FEEL and Doesn't Require My Eyes, which means I can pay attention to what is happening and not on the exposure compensation adjustment. All other flashes require a LCD screen look, multi-button press and visual confirm, PITA after the Metz. Don't these people use these things?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Another thing about the Metz route, most of the time the used units are like new with extremely low usage, and they are very tough durable and long lasting. Lots of the SB series if a good price have been well used and show it, and may have a more limited milage left on them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thank you Ridingwaves for sharing the Metz info.
    I'll take a deeper look into the Metz option.

rhmimac
    Give me some more E6 film…

please...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin