Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,207   Posts: 1,531,902   Online: 1152

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    I agree that a photographer can have too many cameras. Sometimes the best camera is the one you already own. I can speak as to the K1000. I used one of these basic, dependable cameras for about 9 months until I got an ME Super. I have found that it is an excellent camera and offers several improvements over the K1000. And, of course, you get the K-mount, too. However, if you like your Canon, you should stick with it or get a newer model.
    If you are considering switching to digital, ask yourself this: What would Ansel do?

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by cfclark View Post
    ... or look at one of the other Pentax models mentioned in this thread (I've always wanted an LX).
    The LX was a nice camera to use, and the main appeal for me was that in the event of battery failure, you could still use all the shutter speeds from 1/2000 sec down to X-sych (which was 1/75 sec if I remember correctly). I can't recall whether you could use the 'B' setting mechanically, but the speeds from 1/60 down to 2 seconds were electronically operated. This was Pentax's pro-spec model, however it could prove expensive to repair if a fault developed.
    Carl.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Set the elan to 'm' mode, and spend the cash on a new lens instead

I've got a k1000, they are massively over priced on ebay. I'd sell mine if it wasnt given to me when i was 14

Shooter
    35mm
    I don't think you'd see much of a difference in your pictures with either system, since they are both quality, established brands with great optics. I have the OM-1, so obviously I advise you to go for that. The OM lenses are a very fine bunch of optics and the OM-1 is great in that the aperture, shutter speed and focus can be adjusted with one hand while looking in the viewfinder. The small size is also a result of extensive ergonomic studies by Olympus, and it really is a joy to hold, fits in the hand very snugly (that said, I have relatively small hands).

3 lenses: 28mm f2.8, 50mm standard lens and 85/100/135mm short tele will give you a pretty comprehensive system. I got that setup, together with the OM-1 body in immaculate condition for £200.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken N View Post
    I know I'm being mean here:

And:

These things rock.

Oh, that's just not nice!
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

I am beginning to resent being referred to as 'half-fast'.
    Whatever that's supposed to mean.

Shooter
    35mm
    i have an olympus om10 and i love it

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Arpeggio View Post
    i have an olympus om10 and i love it
    So do I.

Mine has a winder: a pleasure to use.

setting exposure compensation is a little fiddly, though.

Unfortunately, though, my OM2 has begun to skip and overlap frames ; I have put it in for repairs.

(However, just to make up for it, I have bought another OM2n (body only -I have plenty of lenses for it), over the weekend: in excellent condition! )
    Last edited by Galah; 02-21-2010 at 11:33 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken N View Post
    I know I'm being mean here:

And:

These things rock.

Are you trying to start something here?..... Very nice.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hey Ken. I find that when you allow that many Oly cameras to be that close together that they will multiply!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin