Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,688   Posts: 1,548,771   Online: 1283

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Shooter
    127 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mopar_guy View Post
    Hey Ken. I find that when you allow that many Oly cameras to be that close together that they will multiply!
    No kidding... I looked at the table a month or two ago and found 14 of the little critters gathered there.

I have even taken to giving a few away to relatives who were excited to receive them but (sadly) don't seem to care enough to use them.

With fewer OM's to feed, the population of XA, Stylus and Mju are now increasing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mine.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails om2.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Zuiko 80mm f4 macro w/ auto bellows. Doesn't get much sweeter then that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I thought, with 20 Olympuses; I felt bad. I feel better already.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ken, is that ugly OM 2S still cranking out beautiful images for you? Yes, I know most of the others are feeling like step-children now that the OM 3Ti has moved into the house. I know there are other Olympus camera living with you, but neither of us are ready to talk about our bastard e-thingies. Don't let anyone give you a bad time about having too many OMs . . . it is somewhere around 35-40. Bill Barber

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The other day I stumbled on a scene that is a bit disturbing. Avert your eyes. (BTW, the OM-2S wasn't having any part of this--I think it was out actually making pictures instead of...).

http://www.zone-10.com

When you turn your camera on, does it return the favor?

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Blog Entries
    im partial to the k1000 ...
    i have had mine and used it since i was 13 or 14
    and never had a problem with it.
    i have never found the need for a DOF preview button
    and i have never had a problem focusing &C.
    it doesn't have a self timer, but it is easy to get a cable.

welcome to apug !

john

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Pentax sold a lot of the Pentax K1000 models. Mostly, because they were easy to operate, mechanically simple and reliable. You don't read too many stories about owners having problems with them.

They are mechanically similar and nearly identical in operation to the Pentax Spotmatic, another well-known, reliable camera.

I've had three Pentax K1000 (down to just one), and it does what you ask of it. No frills.

I've also used a KX (excellent full-size camera) and the MX (my first Japanese camera bought in 1978).

I've also used the Olympus OM cameras. They're also great cameras. Different body shape, and you have to get used to the shutter speed dial being at the base of the lens mount.

You really can't go wrong with either one. Judge the camera by how it feels to you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken N View Post
    The other day I stumbled on a scene that is a bit disturbing. Avert your eyes. (BTW, the OM-2S wasn't having any part of this--I think it was out actually making pictures instead of...).

I caught my OM-1 and OM-4 in that same situation, and nine months later along came the XA twins.

Rick

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I agree what has bwwn said about the K1000: utterly reliable. Like a Linux System in a computer. It does exactly what you ask it to do. I have 4 for many years without failure. It lacks the beauty of th Olympus though.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin