Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,197   Posts: 1,531,432   Online: 844

Shooter
    35mm

Mamiya-Sekor Macro E 50mm f/3.5 Lens

So, I found another unusual photographic item in an antique shop: a Mamiya-Sekor Macro E 50mm f/3.5 lens with a matching extension tube. For $20 I couldn't pass it up. This is a late-model lens for a Mamiya 35mm SLR, probably from the early 1980s. Some internet searching has turned up a little information, and it appears that the previous mount (Mamiya CS) version of this lens is rather rare. A couple things I have noticed playing with it.

1) The lens aperture is normally at the minimum, f/22; apparently these lenses were at least partially electronically-controlled. Pressing the mechanical aperture lever opens the lens up (seems like this would make it difficult to adapt to a Nikon SLR, even for bellows use; I think I might be able to attach it to a Nikon E2 tube and use the plunger to manually adjust the aperture).

2) It appears to cover 6x7! If I place the lens flush against the throat of my RB67 I get a full screen image. Of course there's no shutter but I could use it for flash or very long exposures.

Anybody have thoughts on this item? Is it worth looking up a Mamiya ZE-X or similar body just for this lens?

Shooter
    35mm
    There are two images I made with the RB67 and this lens in the Experimental Gallery here on APUG.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin