Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,219   Posts: 1,532,234   Online: 838

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I have an N80, which I like quite well. It seems to be well made, metering is quite good, exposure is spot-on. My only real concern about the camera is how small it is. I purchased the optional battery pack so it isn't too bad, otherwise I probably wouldn't have bought it.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This is a (today's) quote from the Nikon Mailing List in regards to this question:

I emailed Nikon USA & they state that the N(F)80 is still in
    active production & sales. They further state that it has not been
    replaced by the N75.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by nixx
    Hello everyone.

I need a new camera, but can't really decide between those two.
    Too bad I can't afford a F100.

Anyway, these are the advantages I found for the N90s:
    * Better build quality (better protection for rain, dust, etc.)
    * Possibility for MF lenses
    * PC-connection to transfer exposure-data to a computer (I heard the software for this was discontinued or something? Can I still find it, and can I find the connection-cable?)

Advantages for the N80:
    * built-in flash
    * New, so easily obtainable, more warranty, more easy to get it repaired

Anything else I missed?
    (The AF system isn't very important to me. A simple centre AF (like the N90s) is enough)

Does anyone has some experience with those cameras?
    I read for example that the N90s isn't so easy to use as the N80. Also that some new lenses don't work with it..

Thanks in advance,
    nixx
    F90x wins hands down!!! :-)
    I wholeheartedly recommend it over anything Nikons that is not F5/6 or maybe F100.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I bought a second hand F90X and think it was my best investment yet. I use it more than my Hasselblad 501c/m (so far)... I don't mind bumping it around and giving it a good workout and it comes with me EVERYWHERE!!! :o)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have had the N80 for a few months now and love it. If you want to record exposure time you might try to find an F80s, they can record the exposure between the frames of the images. Its a grey market(imported through a third party) camera but I know B&H carries them, and B&H offers some warranty since you don't have Nikon's warranty on grey market cameras. I know there is a huge debate over grey market equipment but if its a camera thats just not offered any other way I don't see the problem.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin