Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,553   Posts: 1,544,958   Online: 783

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm

35MM Zoom Compacts

Always had a bit of a soft spot for 35mm zoom compacts and recently due to non photographer friends having a clear out I have acquired a Canon Z135 and a Yashica Zoomtec 90.The first roll of film has gone through the Canon and I am well pleased with the results .

There Is A Bustle In My Hedgerow

My Film Shots On Flickr

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, they are truely amazing little tools. I buy them all the time at the local thrift shop for next to nothing, and give them(and a roll of film) to the neighborhood kids, we use them for a few lessons, then turn the kids loose on the town. They, of course, get to keep the cams, and occasionally they come back for more lessons, or to show off what they have done on their own. I have a couple of kids that spend a little time in the DR as well.

Shooter
    35mm
    I like the early models with fixed lenses such as the Olympus Stylus cameras,
    the Nikon L35AF & One Touch, Yashica T-series, etc. Some of these early
    P&S cameras also have a filter ring making them well suited for shooting B&W.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Well I just learned something BobD. Thank you. I had to check out my Fixed P&S and found one that would perhaps accept a filter.
    It was part of a wholesale lot buy on ebwary. Its a Konica C35 EFP. It has a hexanon 38mm F4 lens.
    Anxious to try it out. Now i need to search for a small filter. Darn it more $_collecting_$.

Shooter
    35mm
    ^You're welcome.

Here's another obscure fact: When Nikon made the original "One Touch" P&S
    camera (the one with fixed 35mm lens) they omitted a filter ring but they
    offered a separate accessory filter ring adapter that snaps onto the camera
    and can accept filters. I just bought one on eBay new in the box for a
    few dollars.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Something to keep in mind all you who have the fixed variety, I have a set of screw on tele and wide angle lenses that fit 48mm FOR FREE I'll mail to anyone who woud like the set. They are for a Canon Sure Shot, but will fit any thing, and have the matching view finders, and 48mm 1A filter, all in a case.

Rick

Shooter
    35mm
    I still have the Ricoh AF-5 that I bought for my wife when our youngest was born 24 years ago,sadly someone (probably aforementioned youngest) put recahrgeables in and left it for a good 12 months which I think has fried the electrics.Its a real shame because that 38mm lens was pin sharp

My Film Shots On Flickr

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Goes to show two things. A chimp can screw up a photo with a Linhof. And Ansel could have nailed it with an Instamatic. The photographer makes the camera, not the other way around. Great shots.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    35mm
    I have a bit of a soft spot for these cameras too. About 3 years ago I found a Canon Z180u at a Goodwill store for $15 in "like new" condition. Of course I bought it and I absolutely love it as it's really a pretty amazing little camera, and I do mean little; it's significantly smaller than my PowerShot SX110, but still has focus tracking, instant shutter release, and a whole host of other features. Interestingly, a few weeks after I bought it I went to Best Buy to look at camera stuff and saw an identical camera on the shelf being sold for $179! I figure someone must have given the one I bought to Goodwill after just acquiring a new digital camera.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for all the comments guys glad that I am not lone in using these cameras

My Film Shots On Flickr

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin