Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,302   Posts: 1,536,240   Online: 740

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format

My one gripe with the F3HP

Anyone else find the button to turn on the LCD light to be way too small? Majority of the time I can't press the button while looking through the VF.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Depth View Post
    Anyone else find the button to turn on the LCD light to be way too small? Majority of the time I can't press the button while looking through the VF.
    Welcome to the world of the Nikon F3. I have heard of no explanation why such a otherwise beautiful camera would have such a thing. I even looks plastic and cheap.

The rest of the camera more than makes up for it, in my opinion.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Never gave it a thought so doesn't bother me. Just average size hands, fit in a L or XL glove.

YMMV
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Goutiere View Post
    Welcome to the world of the Nikon F3. I have heard of no explanation why such a otherwise beautiful camera would have such a thing. I even looks plastic and cheap.

The rest of the camera more than makes up for it, in my opinion.
    I definitely agree, it's a fantastic camera and I'm glad I got it instead of an OM-4Ti (OM-4 I got from B&H had a dying shutter). Just surprised that Nikon overlooked it and never fixed it in the other variations.

Shooter
    35mm
    Let us not forget the paltry 1/80 flash sync. :-(

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I don't mind the flash, that's what an F4 is for. The viewfinder illuminator button is and always has been a joke. Maybe Sover Wong can devise an LED replacement.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Don't forget about the flash, 1/80th is almost to 1/125, which if you were using either Plus-X, Kodachrome 25 or Pan-x, you could do a daylight sync without much trouble. I used to do it with the Vivitar 283, set on Blue if I recall...

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Depth View Post
    Yep. It's everyone's gripe really. It requires a fingernail and it's flaky in operation. I never use it. At night where I'd need it I'm usually 1/30 and below, wide-open.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    Multi Format
    All of my LCD buttons stopped working years ago, quite likely a simple fix, but for low light and/or flash work, I use the F4 as well. The F3's have served me well, but they're far from my primary film camera now.

Go back to an F2 - none of these problems
    Mark
    Mark Layne
    Nova Scotia
    and Barbados

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin