Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,941   Posts: 1,557,552   Online: 1176

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sully75 View Post

I actually have a Fed 2 and have taken some really amazing pictures with it in the past. However, for what I'm trying to do now, it's not really functional (wonky timing adjustment, viewfinder scratches the hell out of my glasses, viewfinder is teensy weensy). But I'll probably get back to using that.
    Later FSU cameras have much nicer viewfinders.
    I especially like the various Zorky 3 & 4 models. My main gripe with mine is screw mount lenses (I change lenses often), viewfinder for the 50mm only and no lightmeter. Mind that I'm comparing them to a Leica M6!

As always, the usual caveats about getting hold of a good FSU camera....
    M6, SL, SL2, R5, P6x7, SL3003, SL35-E, F, F2, FM, FE-2, Varex IIa

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I bought Voigtlaender Bessa R2A vith Voigtlaender lenses (35mm and 75mm) and stopped think how to save for Leica.
    Bosnia... You don't have to be crazy to live here, but it helps...
    No things in life should be left unfinis

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sully75 View Post
    I owned a Yashica rangefinder once, and from what I remember, it was Aperture priority with no exposure compensation? That really limits its use for me. Am I wrong? This was quite a while ago.
    That was probably one of the Electro series. The Lynx 14 is an earlier camera with a mechanical shutter and match needle metering. It's also much better built. See here:
    http://www.photoethnography.com/Clas...icaLynx14.html

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by mgb74 View Post
    Advice? Since you're having trouble paying your bills right now, make do with what you have.
    I have to second this advice. Use the gear you have.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I've used Canon P, Canon 7, and several Leicas over many many years. The Canons are retired, and perhaps neither are working now. The Leica M4 is about 40 years old and going strong. With Tri-X, shooting basketball in small and poorly lit gyms required the Canon 50mm f/1.4 wide open. Ouch! Then came T-Max 3200. Shooting it with a 50mm Summicron wide open, exposed at EI 1600, and developed as recommended for EI 3200 there was a magnitude of improvement. However, if the equipment you have does well enough, that gives you time to research an upgrade and look for bargains.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by haris View Post
    I bought Voigtlaender Bessa R2A vith Voigtlaender lenses (35mm and 75mm) and stopped think how to save for Leica.
    That's a sensible recommendation and if I am looking for a second M mount body, it will mostly like be either an R2A or R2M.
    "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once and a while, you might just miss it."
    Ferris Bueller

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Lindan View Post
    Another camera to consider is the Voigtlander/Cosina rangefinder. If you are looking for a 35mm f2.0 or faster lens the Voigtlander lenses are reasonably priced (as compared to Leica) and will fit any LTM/M body.
    I agree with Nicholas though I don't agree with your thinking. If you are living off loans don't buy anything.

The Canon 5D is a decent digital body and can make great photos. Learn to use what you have for now.
    Don Bryant

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I own a Canon 7, that i use with VC Ultron 35/1.7, Leitz Summitar 50/2 and VC Apo Lanthar 90/3.5. Is a wonderful LTM camera, il love it.
    Ciao.
    Vincenzo

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin