Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,069   Online: 751

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Canon FD-mount cameras with mirror lockup?

Hello, all. I'm looking for an FD-mount camera that had a mirror lockup feature. A few of the ones I looked at (notably the AE-1) do not have this. Which were the ones that did? Thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The F1 has it as well as FT & FTb. There will be more I'm sure. I know these ones do because I have them in my book case in front of me.
    Last edited by dances_w_clouds; 02-25-2010 at 04:02 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    The EF too. All (or mostly all) of the original mount (breech lock) bodies had MLU. It works as it should too. Full manual. On command. Swing a lever. Mirror moves. Up or down. Same lever.
    Wayne
    Deep in the darkest heart of the East Texas Rain forest. Apprentice Analog Activist.
    ... And to paraphrase Yoda, there is no how, only do.
    Vaughn
    My Photos Online

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you want a camera with mirror lock up for long exposures or macro the Canon EF is ideal it's hybrid electro-mechanical shutter can give timed exposures of up to 30 seconds and the build quality is the same as the F1, much better then the A series http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canon_EF_camera the only problem is there are not many about these days, and they are highly prized in good condition by FD enthusiasts, I would thoroughly recommend an EF.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the help. Which cameras in the T series had the feature?

Shooter
    35mm
    I second the Canon EF, a truly wonderful camera! I find myself using mine a lot more than my F-1 these days.

Andy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't believe any of the T series had it, certainly not the T90. As for the F-1, only the first and second versions had MLU; the New F-1 did not.
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

Seahawks won Superbowl XLVIII.
    Next year's Superbowl is XLIX. Easier to pronounce than XLVIII. Sounds like XLAX.
    I hope that doesn't mean we won't be able to stop the run...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    EF. I have one and I haven't really been giving it a lot of use....I guess I should.
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ektagraphic View Post
    EF. I have one and I haven't really been giving it a lot of use....I guess I should.
    You really should, I have an F1N AE, A T90 and FTbn and the EF is my favourite, I tend to use it as my main camera and carry one of the others as a back up, it's the smoothest of the lot, especially since it had a CLA recently, I particularly like the metal Copal Square shutter, 1/125th flash sync and the glossy black paint.
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm RF
    My F-1n (last Old Type) and my FT-b QL have both the mirror locking up capability (i think also the Canon EF have this feature).
    Ciao.
    Vincenzo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin