Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,872   Posts: 1,583,492   Online: 1010

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: point and shoot

Shooter
    35mm
    The Olympus XA has no built in flash but the A11 flash is small enough. With the XA you still have to focus, advance the film and set your aperture and ISO. I am not sure if it's a P&S as the operation steps for the XA is about the same as for the Leica M7 in auto mode.

Shooter
    35mm
    XAs are indeed awesome unless, as mentioned, you need flash. The XA4 has DX coding and programmed exposure so it's quite P&S style. My wife has a Stylus Epic which is one very sweet little P&S. It uses CR123s which are abundant at my household since I buy them bulk for flashlights. They cost only about $1 each if you buy them from batterystation.com, and only $3 each if you buy the SureFire brand batteries from Cabelas. I would hate to pay full retail. I have no idea why CR123 batteries cost so much from retail stores, but if you plan ahead they are not that bad.
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I have used the very nice Ricoh FF-90 AF P&S with remarkably nice results. Slightly bigger than a Stylus. Uses AA batteries. I have two in mint shape. Let me know if interested in one. One nice point is its 35mm 2.8 lens.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin