Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,217   Posts: 1,532,168   Online: 980

Shooter
    Multi Format

90mm framelines on leica M6

Hi,

I am starting to shoot with my leica M6 and elmar 90/f4. Maybe I am imagine stuff - but it seems like frame lines are showing much less than what I get on negative (around 10% less)? So far I have shoot only two TriX in leica, but I am quite sure of this. I always watch on edges of my frame since I always print full unformatted frame, (before I was usually shooting with nikon F3).

Anyone had same experiences ?

Regards,

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Yes that is normal

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yes,

Frameines are generally imprecise with a Leica, and it gets worse with the long focal lenghts,

I the manual, Leica stated precisely the percentage difference at infinity between the actual image, and the framline. If I am correct the 90mm frames show only 85% of what is recorded.

As a rule of thumb, use the inside of the framelines at close focus, and the outside at infinity.

Best,

K

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If it's a problem for you look at an external view finder for composition.

Bob
    Best regards,

Bob
    CEO-CFO-EIEIO, Ret.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you all for answers. Summicron 50 is on his way - with 50mm lens it will be more precise than with 90. I will do some test - to see exactly how it behaves with 50mm lens.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin