Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,693   Posts: 1,548,989   Online: 784

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Yashica 35-ME with A76 1.5v battery

So this belonged to my mother's adoptive side of the family, her adoptive mother's father, my great grandfather though not by blood.

Anyway, there is some film in it, with only a couple shots taken, ISO was rated at 100, no idea what it is or the age. I'll develop it when I finish the roll.

In any case, I stuck an A76 Energizer battery in there.. didn't work, then had the idea to stick some foil behind it, bingo it works, the A76 wasn't fat enough for it. Light meter is now alive and well, and comparing what the meter says to using that exposure on my digital... seems pretty damn good, if maybe 1/3rd of a stop underexposed, the ISO rating which affects the meter works in 1/3rd stops, no problem, rate the ISO 1/3rd stop slower than the film

It's nice and light and a leaf shutter, lens is great condition, cant wait to see some results off it, allegedly the lens is a sharp one.

Seems very quiet and discreet

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Looks like a great camera, if the film is B&W you might have a chance to get something.

Jeff

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Just took some shots out on a shoot alongside my digital.. it works with the ebay wireless flash transmitter - in auto mode as well, not just flash mode, so I can grab exposure (aperture, shutter speed) from different areas of a location and lock it in by half holding shutter for what I want, and further adjust that if I need to by changing ISO as compensation

Top shutter speed is 1/650th sec, since its a leaf shutter, it should sync with flash at that speed.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Athiril View Post
    Just took some shots out on a shoot alongside my digital.. it works with the ebay wireless flash transmitter - in auto mode as well, not just flash mode, so I can grab exposure (aperture, shutter speed) from different areas of a location and lock it in by half holding shutter for what I want, and further adjust that if I need to by changing ISO as compensation

Top shutter speed is 1/650th sec, since its a leaf shutter, it should sync with flash at that speed.
    Ebay radio transmitter might not work at those shutter speeds. My did fail quite often at those speeds.

Shooter
    35mm

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by olleorama View Post
    Ebay radio transmitter might not work at those shutter speeds. My did fail quite often at those speeds.
    Hmmm Im fairly sure I've used it at 1/400th before on my RB67... this is going to require testing.

Quote Originally Posted by BobD View Post

Cheers

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin