Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,287   Posts: 1,535,337   Online: 810

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images

TOCAD repair experiences?

I have a Contax G1 that I need to have serviced. KEH quoted me $140 base "but that may increase due to blah blah" depending on what they find, and given some things I've read about them recently I'm guessing that will escalate.

TOCAD America in NJ gave me a flat rate of $170. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with their repair service. That includes a 6 month warranty. I'm leaning towards them as they are the "official" service center for Contax cameras no longer serviced directly by Contax.

Thanks in advance!

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Well I couldn't wait so I'll let you all know how the repair experience is when the body comes back from TOCAD :-)

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I dealt with them about a year ago when I needed a part for my Zeiss Contax lens. They sent it to me-no charge. Very helpful folks.
    -Fred

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff L View Post
    Try Akira at Sun Camera Repair up by Keele and Steeles area. Akira was the repair guy at Contax when they were still around.
    Jeff
    Can't ... too late

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Please let us know how your G1 repair goes. I have a G2 with a dead frame counter... I would love to get fixed.

Does anyone know how long they will be supporting Contax cameras?

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images

Re: TOCAD repair experiences?

Got my G1 back today. Says they replaced the LCD, repaired the top, and CLA. I didn't know the LCD was bad :-) Anyhow the flat fee I was quoted was all it cost including shipping back to me. Seems to be fixed too. 6 month warranty on the work. All in all a good experience.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin