Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,166   Posts: 1,614,431   Online: 876

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nikon 50mm 1:2 S/N 3311146
    Nipon Kogaku Japan No 843277 Nikkor-S Auto 1:1.4 f=50mm
    Nikon Nikkor-SC Auto 1:1.2 f=55mm S/N 286853
    I think the Micro-Nikkor f/3.5 is also excellent

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I personally think that the Ai 1.8 has a higher resolution than the f2, plus the level of distortion of the 1.8 is really Really low, whereas the f2 has obvious more. The 1.8 has kind of a 'thin' clarity to the look of images, whereas I feel that the F2 has a denser 'robustness' that works well in high saturation color uses. Put it another way, for using with Fuji Astia in soft, low light, I choose the 1.8 and using Velvia with strong light heavy saturation I choose the F2. Horses for courses.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by weldong View Post
    I like the AF 50mm 1.8 (non-D) made in Japan.
    Made in China, but like I said, it's a great lens, I love it

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    The AI F/1.4. I love it. It gave me great shots and it was the first lens I ever had for my Nikon FE.
    No idea what's going to happen next, but I'm hoping it involves being wrist deep in chemicals come the weekend.

Shooter
    35mm
    I appreciate the great response here, and I am glad folks are enjoying this thread.

Well, in addition to an F3 (standard prism), I have on the way the 55/3.5 Micro AI and the 50/1.8 AIS. I chose the the AIS 50 because I have used it before (and I have used the Micro, too), and I thought its compact size was just perfect for candids.

I will now hunt for a 50/2 AI.

PS: I agree with the positive comments in regard to the 50/1.8 D (I got great results with it when I had an F100); however, I have been strictly MF for the past few years.
    Last edited by FilmOnly; 03-04-2010 at 09:41 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by gamincurieux View Post
    Made in China, but like I said, it's a great lens, I love it

I am not sure if you are just saying that your 50mm 1.8 is made in China or if you are saying the that the AF 50mm 1.8 (non-D) is made in China.

But for clarity, the AF 50mm 1.8 (non D) that I have is made in Japan. It is the model that the housing is not completely plastic and a push button for the F22 lock. I also have the 50mm 1.8 D (made in China) btw, still a great lens, but I think the non-D version is a bit better opened up.

Shooter
    35mm
    Oh who knows, some were & some weren't I guess, Nikon trying to save a buck at different times. My non-D is made in China. I had been under the impression that they were made in China across the model, that's why they're so cheap. Not so, it seems.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have the F1.2, a couple of F1.4s, and F1.8, F2.0. as well as one of the Nikon Macro lens. I prefer the F1.4 most of the time because it has both the ability to shoot in low light and/or have a minimum depth of field. Out in the field, it is handy to have the camera ready for a variety of situations.

Stopped downed, I don't think it matters all that much. The slower lens are lighter, however, if weight is an issue, should be shooting with a RF.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Have a 50/1.8 AF and a 50/1.4 AIS, both for many years. Both are very excellent normal leses.

Shooter
    35mm
    50mm F1.8 E even though it is not a nikkor.
    Incredibly compact, amazingly light, disposably cheap and sharp enough for most people most of the time. Also surprisingly robust given its humble origin.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin