Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,228   Posts: 1,532,751   Online: 887

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by John Irvine View Post
    The wire's fine. The problem is that it is no longer connected at the battery end. Me and my 10 thumbs have never been able to make a solder joint less than 1/4 inch in diameter.
    Ask around with friends and see if you can find one who is (or who's father is) a ham radio operator, electronics something-or-other or who used to build Heathkits.

I'm sure they will be willing to solder the wire back on for you.

Corroding solder joints are a problem with most (eventually one would think all) mid-late-70's Minoltas.

There is a good chance other solder connections in the camera are also corroding and will fail over the next few years.
    DARKROOM AUTOMATION
    f-Stop Timers - Enlarging Meters
    http://www.darkroomautomation.com/da-main.htm

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by John Irvine View Post
    The wire's fine. The problem is that it is no longer connected at the battery end. Me and my 10 thumbs have never been able to make a solder joint less than 1/4 inch in diameter. I shudder thinking about a big blob of solder falling down amoungst all those little wheels and gizmos. Maybe if I go to the repair shop in Charlottesville using the pleading look of the cat in the Shrek movies, he will let me keep my right arm.
    Are you aware of this product?
    http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/tools/b70c/

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I'll check it out. If I can pop it out I might be bold enough to whip out the old soldering iron.

Or maybe I'll let my wife solder it. She solders the lead on stained glass all the time. Then again, maybe I won't.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin