Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,719   Posts: 1,514,894   Online: 1065

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    When I had the EOS 3 I had the EC-CIV installed. It shows focus much better than the stock screen and didn't need any exposure compensation. Don't know if it is relevant and can't tell about the DOF preview, I hardly used it.
    Hasselblad 501CM, Mamiya RB67SD, Nikonos V, EOS 3

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am curious about that screen too. It sounds brighter than the Ec-S, but I am not sure if it shows any less D of F than the EOS 3's stock focusing screen.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    35mm
    I just ordered two (for my two EOS 3s). I'll come back to let you know how it goes. Really hoping the metering effect is minimal.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by WFisherPhoto View Post
    I just ordered two (for my two EOS 3s). I'll come back to let you know how it goes. Really hoping the metering effect is minimal.
    Two EC-S screens or two EC-CIV screens?
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    35mm
    Sorry, I bought the EC-S. Thinking I may try the EC-CIV as well.

Shooter
    35mm
    Since I bought a used Canon EOS 3 a few weeks ago I'm very interested in changing the focusing screen, since the standard screen doesn't allow for a good DOF preview with lenses faster than 2.8.
    The EOS 3 behaves different as my Olympus OM 2, which gives a correct DOF preview even with a 1.8 lens.
    at WFisherPhoto: Did you already install the EC-S focusing screen?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just installed the EC-s on my 1V ... haven't run a roll through it yet, but dry firing, it seems to focus my 1.2 lens just fine. We shall see... How is the EOS 3 different? Sizing?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin