Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,042   Posts: 1,560,769   Online: 1094

Shooter
    35mm

Special thanks to Anscojohn

Back in Jan. John was kind enough to offer to any member a free Petri FT 35mm with a 135 f3.5 lens . I was the lucky person to receive it . I got it for my 8 year old son .

John the camera works fine and I got the lens fixed, also had a CLA done on it just because. As promised here are some pics from it . All photos taken with the 135mm lens and Kodak gold 200 . First image is digital and no that is not me in the photo.

John this was very Kind of you , I will send you something in the mail soon .

Tom Hicks
    Last edited by Tom Hicks; 03-07-2010 at 02:51 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nice camera, I have one thats all black. An anonymous benefactor left a kit on my front porch a couple of months ago, with a bag, camera, a 135 and 28mm lenses. I still haven't figured out who, I'd really like to thank them. My kudos to Anscojohn also. He truely is a generous, if not saintly, gentleman who is a selfless gift giver. Stand up and take a bow Anscojohn!

Rick

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Wow, Tom, those pictures look great. I am really pleased that an eight-year old might become an APUGer. My Dad started me off, ca. 1948, with a Donald Duck camera taking 127 film, so I was hooked pretty early. Anything we can do to pass on the thrills and skills of traditional photography to the young people is something we should all try to do, which is what saintly rainphot does as well.
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Did an 8yr.old take those? I really like the shop supplies and really like the bike wheel. Jeez, I'm embarrassed...but INSPIRED!
    If he loaded the film too I'm gonna fall off my chair, crawl under my desk and suck my thumb.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Great pics, excellant camera!

Jeff

Shooter
    35mm
    This is a very kind gift both giving and reciving. Jonh must be a very generous person; this camera today might be quite cheap but as gift is really valuable.
    Have fun with the camera.

Shooter
    35mm
    I started researching Petri after we received your gift and we now have another FT , 2- FT11 , Petri Penta , Petri Flex, 2-Petri V6's one with working Meter , Lens --300mm 5.5 , 80-210, 2- 35mm 2.8, 55 1.4 , 2- 55 2.0, 55 1.8, 2 135mm 3.5. it has turned into quite a project.

Tom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I had the pleasure of having lunch, with John, a while back... He paid, so I can vouch for his generosity. :-}
    He also shared his passion, knowledge, and enthusiasm for photography. A generous soul, indeed...

Shooter
    35mm
    John a little more about me , I created and moderate the Macro Forum at ( www.fredmiranda.com ) 7 years now. I spend most of my time over there. but stop by here several time a day mostly reading and such. My shared web site is www.natureswildscapes.com I have three kids , 16,14,8 all who shoot film the old manual way, as well as digital. I think they enjoy the digital more but I do make them use film every chance I get. I have all the equipment for B&W darkroom stuff but have yet to get them involved in printing their own images , but soon. Again thanks for all you have done .

Tom
    Last edited by Tom Hicks; 03-08-2010 at 08:23 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well thanks Anscojohn! Nice camera and nice shots for an 8 year old! Let's keep it up getting younger generations to love film.
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin