Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,202   Posts: 1,531,541   Online: 1058

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Can you give me a link to the circuit diagram, please? (For my repair man, if I decide to go that way)
    sure

http://olympus.dementia.org/hardware/

Shooter
    35mm
    No, 300,000 is not a firm cut off number. The oldest cameras don't have gold plated switch wires. The OM-2 was undergoing constant upgrades during production. Your problem may be the manual shutter speed circuit under the main circuit. Clean carefully and lube LIGHTLY with a dielectric grease. John.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    John, I've been retired 10 years and memory's not great but wouldn't a simple mis-mesh of teeth cause these symptoms?
    If the OP has removed or loosened the lens mount that is?
    Just a thought...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mr rusty View Post
    Thanks

Shooter
    35mm RF
    If I were in your situation, I would simply buy another body and get new seals installed. There are a lot of OM-2 cameras on the used market, and it probably isn't worth the time or money to invest more time and money having it repaired.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by elekm View Post
    If I were in your situation, I would simply buy another body and get new seals installed. There are a lot of OM-2 cameras on the used market, and it probably isn't worth the time or money to invest more time and money having it repaired.

I'm rapidly coming around to the same opinion: thanks!

Shooter
    35mm
    Mis-aligned shutter gear would cause gear to be off that amount at every setting. Circuit is designed so brushes are always in contact with one speed or the next, there is no space in between that would allow the shutter to stay open. If the problem has been diagnosed as showing in auto asa well then it's a whole different set of reasons. Could be oily magnet, dirty trigger, dirty non-gold switches at the back of the circuit board. Many things. John

Shooter
    35mm
    If buying another non-overhauled used body, you may end up with another 30 year old body with another set of problems. John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    :rolleyes:
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hermanson View Post
    If buying another non-overhauled used body, you may end up with another 30 year old body with another set of problems. John

A very good point, John (Oh why couldn't you be in Oz?)

I think I'll just sit on it a bit, but thanks everyone for the input so far.

However, it does seem the later models (e.g. OM2) may be a somewhat better bet due to the goldplating of the contacts, etc?

Shooter
    35mm
    I get repairs from Australia on a regular basis. John

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin