Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,515   Posts: 1,572,110   Online: 1105

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Long 35mm roll shooting.

So I've heard of and seen pictures of contraptions which load really long rolls of 35mm film into cameras. Do these still exist? How does one use them?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Nikon_F_IMG_1947.jpg
    --Nicholas Andre

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    They are also available for Canon F1 bodies as well. They contain 250 pictures length of film. Where to find them ?? How much are they worth ??
    Sorry I didn't really answer your question did I . But probably very rare or very expensive or both.

Shooter
    35mm

ye$

they do exi$t, are expen$ive, and can be found on e-pay

the problem is finding someone to proce$$ the film
    Kodak Duaflex II with kodet lens
    N75 N8008s D60
    Yashica - D
    Only a photographer knows the true value of infinity

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Olympus OM system 250 exposure back. Fits on OM-1, 2, 3, and 4. Requires several costly accessories to function, and may be used as rapid fire or with an intervalometer to do time lapse. Break out the credit card, to buy it, and to use it.

Rick

Shooter
    35mm

Nikon F-250 back

I've got one of those; it's been in mothballs for 12 years. I also have six or eight of the special cassettes, and the bulk loader.

I keep it with the hopes that I might actually find the time to get a project on wheels which will require its use; I'll probably end up cannibalizing it for parts for my two F-36 drives.

Shooter
    35mm
    You can also find 750 exposure backs to F2 at least.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I used to be on the lookout for the 100-exp. back for my Canon New F-1 and never found a kit that included all the parts--the back, the cassettes, and the loader--in one affordable package. Labs with roller processors can usually handle the film and charge by the foot.

Another option is to use a movie tank like the Lomo, or make your own cine processing drum, and there was a Nikor tank for long rolls.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have the Canon FN100 back and have it mounted on a NEW F1 with with a speed finder. It allows for 100 exposures in one cassette. It is loaded with the Canon bulk film loader which is quite simple to use. I process the film on a Nikor 18-G reel that allows for up to 28' of film on the reel using three 7" diameter stainless steel tanks. If you have trouble with loading stainless steel reels in the dark you should try doing it with a 7" reel. Nikor made a machine to load the reels but it is hard to find one with none of the parts missing.

Gord

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have the Olympus 250 Film Back 1. Other accessories are needed to get the system to work properly. You need to have at least two of the film magazines. One is loaded with film and the other is used to receive the exposed film. I use a Motor Drive 2 with the Control Grip 2. I had heard at one time that these backs for any of the major 35mm makers were all made by the same company and that the film magazines may work even if labeled for another brand.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb View Post
    I used to be on the lookout for the 100-exp. back for my Canon New F-1 and never found a kit that included all the parts--the back, the cassettes, and the loader--in one affordable package. Labs with roller processors can usually handle the film and charge by the foot.
    It just requires patience. I put it all together by buying whatever parts I could find, when I found them. In fact, the very last piece I got was the back itself! Took 6-8 months from start to finish.

Duncan

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin