Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,050   Posts: 1,561,113   Online: 873

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    i have to send off my film to be developed i dont do it my self would not know where to start plus cost

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    CS, well if you're ever interested it's a great step to take - at least developing your own film - you could then buy a film scanner if you didn't want to get into printing (excuse the hybrid-process/grey area mention?) - scanners for 35mm film can be picked pretty inexpensively.

Keep playing around with it as long as it holds your attention - the pictures and techniques only improve with time & practice - I, for one, have a long way to go
    -dereck|james|gignac
    dereckjamesgignac.com

Shooter
    35mm

development

one option is to use a b&w c41 film such as xp2 super so the local minilab can handle the film, and you can make prints in the dark

b&w is easier to do at home than color
    read this http://www.apug.org/forums/forum37/7...eveloping.html

this is also interesting regarding the cost of d-76 http://www.apug.org/forums/forum37/7...y-use-d76.html
    Kodak Duaflex II with kodet lens
    N75 N8008s D60
    Yashica - D
    Only a photographer knows the true value of infinity

Shooter
    35mm
    i like the detail that film gives me to kinda get the same with the "other" format it would cost £5000. give or take

i would like to try and develop my own film

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello CyberSpider,
    Developing and printing is at least half the fun of photography. Try it, you will like it. Lots of help from APUG members.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    35mm
    well i have looking at the prices of enlargers and so on
    hmm i may have to keep sending my stuff off there not cheap

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Processing B&W is really easy. I know this because I can do it It's also really good fun.

http://www.ag-photographic.co.uk/int...kit-1128-p.asp

Shooter
    35mm
    thanks for the link very interesting im looking for an enlarger now lol

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good morning, CyberSpider;

Several others have mentioned that the Minolta MD-1 Motor Drive "is not necessary." They are correct; it is not truly necessary for the normal operation of the Minolta X-700. My preference for using the MD-1 with the X-700 is because it makes it so much easier to carry in my right hand, it gives it a little more weight for greater stability, and the MD-1 shutter release button is right there where my finger expects to find it. That is why I say that "it just fits my hand." I have large hands and the combination has perfect ergonomics for me. The convenience of the MD-1 advancing the film for me is a very nice extra feature, and it allows me to keep the camera up to my face for the next shot.

Denis spoke of the X-700 being the last manual focusing Minolta camera. While production of the X-700 did begin in Japan in about 1981, it was next moved to Southeast Asia (Indonesia or Vietnam?), and then on to China where it was still in production until 2001. That is a remarkable 20 year run for a film camera; a rarity in recent modern photographic time for a 35mm camera. That must say something about how the X-700 was accepted and used by photographers. Then again, the argus C3 was in production for 25 years from 1939 to 1964 in Ann Arbor, Michigan. What comparison can we make with the modern digital cameras where there seems to be a continuous stream of "new models" with "more features" that we never knew that we needed?
    Last edited by Ralph Javins; 03-12-2010 at 09:51 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Added digital comment.
    Enjoy;

Ralph Javins, Latte Land, Washington

When they ask you; "How many Mega Pixels you got in your camera?"
    just tell them; "I use activated silver bromide crystals tor my image storage media."

Shooter
    35mm
    I now have five X-700s. When an X-700 is working properly it's a very pleasant camera to use. It's not too light or too heavy. The finder is very bright, it has interchangeable focusing screens, it has TTL flash capability with the Minolta PX flash units, the Sunpak 555 and possible some Nissin units, the meter is sensitive and accurate. The X-700 has two weak points. There is a diode or capacitor of some kind which has a limited lifespan. The part is inexpensive but having it installed has a cost. I have been told that the strings which pull the shutter curtains are made of cotton. One of my X-700s has a problem with about a third of the frame being dark when shooting with flash. The curtains are durable but the strings pulling them probably need to be replaced.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin