Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,979   Posts: 1,523,705   Online: 1164

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    35mm
    i would like to get a minolta 700si

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dynachrome View Post
    I now have five X-700s. When an X-700 is working properly it's a very pleasant camera to use. It's not too light or too heavy. The finder is very bright, it has interchangeable focusing screens, it has TTL flash capability with the Minolta PX flash units, the Sunpak 555 and possible some Nissin units, the meter is sensitive and accurate. The X-700 has two weak points. There is a diode or capacitor of some kind which has a limited lifespan. The part is inexpensive but having it installed has a cost. I have been told that the strings which pull the shutter curtains are made of cotton. One of my X-700s has a problem with about a third of the frame being dark when shooting with flash. The curtains are durable but the strings pulling them probably need to be replaced.
    I have 2 X-700's. Both needed the capacitor replaced which I did myself. Now they work like new. The capacitors are cheap (Micro-Tools has them) and you just remove the bottom plate and solder the new one in. Very simple. You'll know when the capacitor goes bad when the shutter won't fire but the meter still lights up. Film wind also locks up. I've used the X-700's since the early 80's and still love them.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberspider View Post
    well i have looking at the prices of enlargers and so on
    hmm i may have to keep sending my stuff off there not cheap
    Medium & large format enlarger prices haven't fallen as much as 35mm.
    There are probably half a dozen 35mm. enlargers and everything else you would need in the lofts of houses in just your street!
    Maybe try a "wanted - cheap!" ad. in your local newsagent?
    Tell charity shops and those people who clear houses for a living what you're looking for and maybe you'll get lucky again?
    Never heard of the Welsh giving stuff away to the Notails before...

Shooter
    35mm
    I think that using film having got used to digital is similar as using medium or large format as opposed to an autofocus 35mm SLR in that you slow down,I have found since returning to using film alongside digital that I take more time checking composition and metering that I do with the DSLR.As a result I rarely have any cropping to do when I scan my films in because I have taken time at the shooting stage
    There Is A Bustle In My Hedgerow

My Film Shots On Flickr

Shooter
    35mm RF
    What are the lenses like for the Minolta? How do they compare for contrast/acuity/resolution against say Olympus OM or Canon FD ... or the holy grail Leica M? I ask because I have acquired an XG9 (maybe a 7?) with the 55/1.7 and a 28/2.8. I love the field of view of the 55 and much prefer it to a standard 50. I have a roll in it at the moment but it will be a few weeks before I finish that. So far in handling, I like it. It feels comfortable in my hand and isnt complicated.

Sorry to hijack the thread but it seemed more "friendly" than starting a new one on a similar topic.

Shooter
    35mm
    well i use my 70-200 99.99 % of the time i really need to play with the other 2
    also i get through a 36 roll in like an hour lol or less

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Welcome,
    Cyberspider. Film is fun and addictive. Hope you enjoy your new path.
    Pat
    What grain............................................. ...............
    Oh sorry, I forgot you don't shoot Large Format
    Large format Pat.

http://www.largeformatpat.com

Shooter
    35mm
    oh i do enjoy it i just need some usable shots lol

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin