Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,909   Posts: 1,584,665   Online: 848

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

i got given 3 film cameras

hi all im new found this forum after watching a youtube vid
    well as i say i was given 3 film slr cameras
    pentax p30T
    canon ESO 1000f
    minolta x700

iv always thought about using film but the speed of "other" camera tech was always the draw

but after my "other" gave up the job i turnd to my film cameras
    and plus i found the cost of a equivalent to a film camera WAY to pricey even used

so i have started to use my old film cameras and i must say the tones and detail is amazing

im a beginner really still mucking up alot
    the two photos was taken freehand with the pentax i have a tripod now
    a cullmann 2921 also given to me
    always looking for advice
    oh and i live in the uk wales "but im not welsh"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Picture 10.jpg   Picture 9.jpg  
    Last edited by cyberspider; 03-22-2010 at 01:46 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm

welcome

if you want fast results, POLAROID, the impossible project

use the minolta, it will grow on you

this page will get you started http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography...s/minoltax700/

this one has more http://www.kenrockwell.com/minolta/700.htm

and even more, the rokkor files http://www.rokkorfiles.com/X-700.html

the manual http://ca.konicaminolta.com/support/...nual-Part1.pdf

I recently acquired a complete xg-9 kit
    Kodak Duaflex II with kodet lens
    N75 N8008s D60
    Yashica - D
    Only a photographer knows the true value of infinity

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good morning, CyberSpider;

First, welcome to APUG. You will find an interesting collection of knowledgeable people here who share a common passion for film and the cameras that use it. And, APUG is one of the fastest growing special interest groups on the Internet. We are now rapidly approaching 40,000 participants, and it was just early last year that APUG hit 30,000. 10,000 people in one year!

Second, from me and my particular point of view, congratulations on being the owner of a Minolta X-700. While I do have many Minolta cameras, the X-700 with the MD-1 Motor Drive is a camera that just seems to fit my hand. I like that camera. And, the Minolta X-700 System is a camera system that will allow you do do virtually anything you want do do photographically with film, from microphotography to astrophotography.
    Enjoy;

Ralph Javins, Latte Land, Washington

When they ask you; "How many Mega Pixels you got in your camera?"
    just tell them; "I use activated silver bromide crystals tor my image storage media."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Howdy, and welcome to APUG. Stick to the manual cameras, and do not rely on the auto functions of any camera. This is a great place to learn, so ask many questions, and reap many answers.

Rick

Shooter
    35mm
    thank you for the links i cant seem to get the last one to load though

and Ralph Javins i have been looking for a motordrive but as yet no luck not so easy to find the bits here in the uk
    i have put two rolls of film through the x700 and i must say it dose feel good in the hand

i need to get other stuff too like a flash im mostly interested in wildlife and landscape photography

Shooter
    35mm

more

the last link is for a PDF, for part 2, change 1 for 2 in the link, may need to do a save file as...

the main page link is http://ca.konicaminolta.com/support/...s/film_mf_slr/

since the minolta works fine in A mode, it is a great companion for architecture, landscape, and wildlife, lets you control the DOF

I suggest you sell the canon and pentax to afford the 200x or 280x flash, or some other MINOLTA flash and film....

ROKKOR lenses are hard to beat, both MC and MD

The motor winder is not necessary, but is a nice option

the leader may need to be cut down in height to load properly
    Last edited by Denis R; 03-11-2010 at 04:57 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: MORE
    N75 N8008s D60
    Yashica - D

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello CyberSpider, I hope you enjoy APUG. A motordrive is nice, but you could live without though.

Jeff

Shooter
    35mm
    im guessing from all the posts that the minolta is a good camera i have not had the film i took developed yet

Shooter
    35mm

minolta good

the x700 was the LAST MANUAL focus minolta

just got back from art show, had the minolta with 45mm f2, power winder, and flash hanging on the neckstrap for a while, mostly because someone else had their d!g!tal nikon with 18 - 55mm f4.5-5.6 and flash popped up hanging from her neck, the flash didn't go off ever

I actually used the flash for 2 pictures, then took it off, and proceded to take more pictures, also used the 28mm f2.8

also used nikon N75 and D60 to take similar images with 50mm f1.8
    N75 N8008s D60
    Yashica - D

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hey there CS, welcome to APUG - I joined this place about a year and a half ago and feel very much the wiser for it - it's a pretty clever(/rowdy) group and you'll find that reading through countless threads and picking up on particular commentators and opinions is as much enjoyable as it is intellectually fulfilling.

Firstly I recommend working with what you have - you'll probably be tempted to start picking up seemingly 'essential' pieces to your camera (toy) collection but be warned that you just end up dividing your time and attention from looking through lenses. Anyhow you'll have enough to think about when you start processing film & printing (assuming you don't do so already.)

Best of luck!!
    -dereck|james|gignac
    dereckjamesgignac.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin