Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,766   Posts: 1,516,435   Online: 953

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    hermes mp....waste of money IMO. in fact, if i were you i would stay away from a film leica altogether. you're only going to realise how much money you just blew on an m9 that takes inferior images to even that of a 50 year old m3. sorry don't mean to be rude, but that is my honest opinion. only you can decide whether to go for the leica film cameras, because only you know which type of camera you will work best with. atm, i'm considering selling one of my m's to get a rolleiflex. and i had an f4 which i wish i still had. so don't rush into anything, try the m9 and then upgrade to a film m if the rangefinder's are for you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    When decided to buy 35mm RF I kept my 35 SLR and MF equipment and instead of Leica I went to Voigtlaender Bessa R2A. What I want to say, there is option to have it all
    Bosnia... You don't have to be crazy to live here, but it helps...
    No things in life should be left unfinis

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Micky View Post
    hermes mp....waste of money IMO. in fact, if i were you i would stay away from a film leica altogether. you're only going to realise how much money you just blew on an m9 that takes inferior images to even that of a 50 year old m3. sorry don't mean to be rude, but that is my honest opinion. only you can decide whether to go for the leica film cameras, because only you know which type of camera you will work best with. atm, i'm considering selling one of my m's to get a rolleiflex. and i had an f4 which i wish i still had. so don't rush into anything, try the m9 and then upgrade to a film m if the rangefinder's are for you.
    Micky, I wouldn't say you were being rude at all. You've given your fair & honest opinion. It is the now-polite Clayne who has historically displayed the manners of a goat time & time again, not just on this thread but on many others, mine included. It's almost a ridiculous caricature of some frustrated intellectual with no patience for the stupid things he's reading, and he's going to let us know that it's stupid in no uncertain terms. What it is is outrageously rude. The PM's I've received over the last couple of days are testament to that. You can't behave like that in public with people you don't know without consequences I know I'd rather avoid, so why should anyone see fit to behave like that here? To be fair, his last comment is a complete turn-around. Great!

So Daniel, I hope all the other info in this thread has given you some food for thought re Leicas

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gamincurieux View Post
    Micky, I wouldn't say you were being rude at all. You've given your fair & honest opinion. It is the now-polite Clayne who has historically displayed the manners of a goat time & time again, not just on this thread but on many others, mine included. It's almost a ridiculous caricature of some frustrated intellectual with no patience for the stupid things he's reading, and he's going to let us know that it's stupid in no uncertain terms. What it is is outrageously rude. The PM's I've received over the last couple of days are testament to that. You can't behave like that in public with people you don't know without consequences I know I'd rather avoid, so why should anyone see fit to behave like that here? To be fair, his last comment is a complete turn-around. Great!

So Daniel, I hope all the other info in this thread has given you some food for thought re Leicas
    If your hobby is keeping tabs on me - you seriously need a new one. Additionally, if you think I'm the first person to fire off an opinionated post on here, then you're also quite unobservant.

Not everyone is here to pander to or enable bad habits - and that's the part that you miss in your efforts to promote world photographic peace. In case you didn't notice, the art of photography also isn't the paragon of quality right now either.

Honestly, have you taken into account just how many times we read threads like this here and other places ("What should I do with X cameras I own")? Or how entire forums (RFF) seem to thrive off of chasing certain camera body mini-fortunes and they don't seem to be driven from photographic pursuits. The goals of most expensive, most rare, most illustrious, most different, etc. are the type of goals that digital people follow these days, where most things can just be bought if one has enough money. If you think that people shouldn't speak up about it, that's your opinion - but others have the right to bring up issue with it.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    35mm
    I don't keep tabs on you Dude, no need to look for you, I can hardly look at any thread without seeing one of your classic posts. No, you're not the only nasty piece of work here, but you're the one I come across again & again. Is it your responsibility to be replying, in your oh-so-special way, to each thread that bugs you? If you don't like what's being asked don't answer it! Practically by your own admission you're going out of your way to be nasty to people, I'm sure of it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The tone here is getting a little ridiculous, let's cool off a bit, and remember, the ignore function is an excellent tool. Round of beers on me.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks for all the responses, I was only allowed to buy another lens for the M9 if I sold all my other gear, so I just put it all on ebay, including my 5000 ED scanner!

The upside, is I just bought a 75mm V2 Summilux to ease the pain.

Packing the FM3a and F6 was painfull though

Daniel.

PS. I bought a cheap Rollei 35RF (like Bessa 2) film body for the occasional B&W.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    i've tried my 1.4/75mm on the m8 and had some backfocus issues...how is your sample?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Brave choice, my man, but you stuck to your guns. Time will tell if it was the right move - I for one have bounced around through tons of gear, and there are some I wish I never bought, and more I wish I ne er sold. . .
    But, in the end all that matters is that it gets used and doesn't sit on a shelf somewhere! So bravo to your choice, and we'll be looking for some photos in the future.
    Jed

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This whole thread sounds REALLY expensive.....and impressive. :rolleyes:

IMO: Get the expensive cameras to fondle, and sell the Nikon stuff to people who will shoot it. No need to waste Nikon stuff on a high-end Leica user.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin