Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,301   Posts: 1,536,141   Online: 850

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Minolta Cable MD. rare as rocking horse poo?

I'm looking for one of these. The usual suspects (eBay, KEH etc) have nothing.

It's the cable that goes between the Power Grip 2 and the MD1 motor drive on an x 700 and allows you to use the shutter release on the PG2.

Any suggestions? Leads?
    Mamiya 645 Super | Nikon F4/F100/FM2n | Minolta Maxxum 9/Dynax 7/X-700/X-500/XD7/SRT-101 | Pentax Spotmatic | Canonet QL 19 (GII) | and a whole bunch of glass

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    35mm
    I would try Millburn Camera in Millburn, NJ and ask for Carl. He has all sorts of Minolta manual focus stuff. I would also try Brooklyn Camera Exchange (which is on Long Island, not in Brooklyn).

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    They do come up on eBay every once in a while, but are not cheap when they do.
    By the way, I still shoot the manual Minolta system too - it's some great glass and bodies!
    Best of luck,
    Jed

Shooter
    Multi Format
    thanks guys.

@christopher: sadly that's not the right cable.

@dynachrome: I searched for that camera shop and found a website but I got the impression they are only interested in the local market.

@jedidiah: that's what I am fearing. I don't *need* the cable, as it's useable with just the OC one, but it would be nice to have a complete kit. The manual Minolta system is great, isn't it
    Mamiya 645 Super | Nikon F4/F100/FM2n | Minolta Maxxum 9/Dynax 7/X-700/X-500/XD7/SRT-101 | Pentax Spotmatic | Canonet QL 19 (GII) | and a whole bunch of glass

Shooter
    35mm

Minolta Cable MD

ZK,

I know the owner of Millburn Camera and of their sister store Livingston Camera (both in New Jersey). They belong to an association of photo retailers in the U.S. and have been able to find odd Minolta items for me in the past. Millburn Camera and Livingston Camera aren't specifically international camera equipment sellers but if they can find the item you need I can arrange to have it shipped to you.

RMD

Shooter
    35mm
    Is this it ?

Came across this on ebay uk,but the seller is based in the U.S.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Minolta-Cable-...#ht_500wt_1182

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Yeah, great! That's the one he needs. I'll be crossing my fingers for ZK that no one bids it up much - that's a good price.
    Jed

Shooter
    Multi Format
    @ RMD and Jedidiah: Shhhhhhhhhh! *whispers* that's it! We have to be very very quiet!

@dynachrome: thanks for the offer, lets see how the ebay thing goes.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Inquiring minds want to know: did you win that auction??? It sold for $39.

Duncan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin