Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,229   Posts: 1,532,845   Online: 963

Shooter
    35mm RF

CZJ Tessar 50/2.8 Can't focus to infinity

Hello all! I already killed the shutter of a MTL5B trying to find a way to get infinity focus (thought the problem was the camera), and now I bought a MTL50 and the problem persists, so I'm either the most unlucky person in the world and got 2 bad cameras, or the problem is in the lens.

It focus objects at about 2meters as being in "infinity".
    I already tried reassembling the lens to no avail.
    I've seen that this is a common problem with theses lenses, but I've never seen a solution.

I'm kinda desperate... already paied for two cameras

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It seems as you suspect it's most likely the lens is the problem, it may in the past been subject to some shock damage by being dropped, or a do-it- yourself repair that's displaced one or more of the lens elements.
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I would guess that the lens had been disassembled and then reassembled incorrectly.

I think that you need to recollimate the lens and then reset the distance scale.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This can happen if the lens was disassembled and put back with the focusing helical in the wrong set of threads. The lens will focus alright but the focusing scale will not be correct. Dependent on how the focusing limits stops are implemented the lens may not reach infinity or it's close focus distance and the lens may focus past infinity.
    DARKROOM AUTOMATION
    f-Stop Timers - Enlarging Meters
    http://www.darkroomautomation.com/da-main.htm

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin