Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,507   Posts: 1,543,550   Online: 1069

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm
    Welcome to N.A.S., A more specific version of G.A.S.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    With respect to the FM3a screens, the information about exposure compensation couldn't be farther from the truth. I've owned a couple FM2's (and an FE2) that I installed the K3 screen from an FM3a into. The meter did not change its reading after changing the screens. I currently have the stock K2 screen in my FM2n, but I do plan to install a K3 into it when I have some more cash.

Anyway, welcome back to the F3 and FE2 world. If you're in need of a flash that'll work with both, but the AS-17 adapter seems hard to come by or too expensive, check out the SB-16... Just make sure you have both modules for it. It's a bit like a more versatile and TTL compatible Vivitar 285HV. The 300f4.5 is a pretty nice lens, even in the non-ED/EDIF version. Owned a couple of the older chrome barrel Nikkor-H versions. The only thing I didn't care for was the close focusing ability and the weight. Found that the 300f4.5 EDIF was quite a bit lighter, and focused closer. With a couple extension tubes, that lens actually became a fairly decent macro lens.

-J
    APUG: F4, F2AS, F, Nikomat FTn
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 24/2.8 AI, 50/1.4 AI, 85/1.8 K, 180/2.8 ED AIS, 300/4.5 ED AI

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    35mm
    I appreciate the regard and input. John: it is, indeed, nice to be back in the world of Nikon and Nikkor. I have been using both F3s, and just put some 400NC in my FE2. I wonder how the Nikkor glass will compare to my OM lenses. The OM lenses take some very fine photos, but I am not that impressed with my OM2n body. There is nothing terribly wrong or awful about it, but there are three things I do not like about it:

1. The body is smallish.
    2. The connection between the Winder 2 and body is weak (I can feel play with relatively light pressing against the body).
    3. The tripod mount on the Winder 2 is too shallow. It does not screw tightly to a plate. It is quite loose.
    Last edited by FilmOnly; 03-29-2010 at 09:23 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: typo

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Granted, the Zuiko lenses for the Olympus OM line are generally considered to be very fine optics. I do not think that you'll be disappointed with the Nikkor optics.
    Frank Schifano

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin