Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,553   Posts: 1,545,002   Online: 709

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't own an x370, but good luck with the project.
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    35mm
    Used a X700 for years but it didn't survive a fall to a concrete floor at a wedding reception, I replaced it with a X370n, but my daughter started a photography course and kinda took it over. I have about 25 bodies now, 2 of them mioltas, but I still miss that X700.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Haha, nice! Well, as good as the X-700 was, it isn't built like the SRT 102, XE-7 or even the XD-11. They *may* have survived the fall...doubtful, though. What you really need is a Maxxum 9 if you're into drop tests with cameras!

Thanks for the story about the X-700; it makes me wonder how many of us "cut our teeth" on those good old manual Minolta SLRS. My first was my Dad's X-700 that he gave me in high school to shoot B&W film for a Year Book class...guess the rest is history for me.

Thanks, and I'll let you all know when the project is online. Might be a bit, though, because I think the site is due for a major overhaul and fresh look.
    Jed

Shooter
    35mm
    The X700 is rugged enough for me. My first is almost 30 years old with no service calls (knock on wood) and I still use it.

Good luck with the updates.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've never handled anything more recent that an sRT 101, I have however been a huge fan of the Rokkor Files. Here's to everyone helping it stay alive!

If you ever come up with another piece of equipment just PM me and if I have it I'll be happy to throw in my two cents.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I am an XE-1 (XE-7 in US) owner so I can't offer any advice on the X370 other than to add my appreciation to you for expanding an already excellent website.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Great job on the site. I 'cut my teeth' on an X-370. And Minolta is my 35mm workhorse system, when I'm not lugging around the 4x5, which is now in the back seat, screaming for attention.

Thanks for keeping on keeping on with the Rokkor Files.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    send me a copy of the article...unohuu@gmail.com

Luke
    Luke

To create one's own world in any of the arts takes courage.

Georgia O'Keefe

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    great page, using it a lot

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin