Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,910   Posts: 1,556,215   Online: 969

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Favor to ask all Minolta manual focus 35mm Users

A big hello to all the Minolta manual focus 35mm users here.
    I am working with Antony Hands to expand and improve the Rokkor Files in the near future. I would like to have your advice on a piece I wrote on the X-370 before I submit it to go "live".

If any of you would like to take a look at it and give me your comments and critiques, I would be happy to email you the word document (with photos embedded).
    Just send me a PM here with your email address, and I will send the file.
    Hope to hear back from some of you,
    Jed

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for taking the effort to update the Rokkor Files. It was one of my favorite sites when I entered into the wonderful manual Minolta world a few years ago. I like the system so much that I now have 8 bodies and about 20 lens. Unfortunately, i never used X-370. I only have X-700 and X-570, so I am not sure if i can help you with your article or not.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The Rokkor Files rock. I like this idea, I like the X-370! Thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you for The Rokkor Files. I have around 20 Minoltas, but not the X-370.

Shooter
    35mm
    Great to see this site I have literally in the last week picked up a very cheap SRT101b and am looking to get some lenses for it to add to the 28mm Rokkor that came with it
    There Is A Bustle In My Hedgerow

My Film Shots On Flickr

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thank you all for the kind comments. I cannot take credit for the site - it is literally hundreds of hours of work on Antony's part. However, at this point we are realizing that most of the manual Minolta sites have vanished or are no longer in use. There is a need for this information to be available to the group, and I am helping Antony with revamping the site, updating and filling in gaps in information where we can. A new look will be coming this spring (we hope).

Thanks to all who requested the article, I look forward to your comments. I will also be doing an XE review, which I am currently in the middle of. If any of you have specific information on the XE (XE-1, XE-7 depending on market location), please PM me and I'll include it!
    Jed
    Last edited by Jedidiah Smith; 03-17-2010 at 10:39 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Grammer, go figure! :-)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I used an X-370 for several years (it's still around here somewhere). I don't know how much help I could be, but PM me if you think I can be.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I value the Rokkor Files when it is time to consider more Minolta MF gear. I have stalled a bit on that as of recent. LF bug has me for the time being, and MF was it's precursor.

I got the first lead on why I would want a x-570 there after my x-700 took a swim. x-570 meters so much cleaner in manual than the x-700 did. Now I own two ( or is it three , but two work... my GAS is showing).
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'll put my hand up to help too. PM sent.
    Mamiya 645 Super | Nikon F4/F100/FM2n | Minolta Maxxum 9/Dynax 7/X-700/X-500/XD7/SRT-101 | Pentax Spotmatic | Canonet QL 19 (GII) | and a whole bunch of glass

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I know nothing about the X370, but I want to express my thanks to you and Antony for all the work you've put in.
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

I am beginning to resent being referred to as 'half-fast'.
    Whatever that's supposed to mean.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin