Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,302   Posts: 1,536,239   Online: 719

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    wow my posts seem to get heated lol

ok first off i only have jessops and they offer to put on cd but not at this store

second they are not so muddy looking in the hand but i do see your point but i think its more to do with my skill than the camera and maybe the uv filter

i guess one of the things i was wondering is do i show any talent or an eye for a good shot

and please be honest

thank you
    Leave nothing but footprints.Kill nothing but time.

Shooter
    35mm
    ****For those who say the X-700 is a great camera, what makes you say that?***

HUH! For a start it's the person and the lens that makes a great shot, but you need the bit (the body) in between to achieve this, and the X-700 is one of those cameras that just does the job and feels/sounds right.....ok saying "great" might be an exaggeration and used in more of a slang way. Anyway I would say it's an excellent camera especially for the cheap price you can pick them up.

Shooter
    35mm
    well im yet to get a really good shot thats sharp and clear but i cant work out why im not really getting that as my lens is fine camera is spotless

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberspider View Post

i guess one of the things i was wondering is do i show any talent or an eye for a good shot

and please be honest

thank you
    For me, they are bad photographs. The lighting and composition is poor for a start. I can't see "you" in the photograph, in the sense that a good photograph usually also says something about the photographer. The subject matter is also uninteresting (is there a subject matter?). Not that you necessarily need interesting subject matter; there are spectacular photos of uninteresting things in the history of photography.

Don't be discouraged. The way to good photography is a long long road.

Telephoto lenses look impressive themselves but should be used sparingly IMO. Before trying to make great photos with telephoto lenses you should be able to make great photos with normal focal lengths.
    Last edited by ooze; 03-19-2010 at 03:11 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: grammar

Shooter
    35mm
    so what your saying is there rubbish the lighting by the way looks better than the scans you see

even though this scanner is 2400x4800 dpi
    thank you for your comment

Shooter
    35mm
    well im yet to get a really good shot thats sharp and clear but i cant work out why im not really getting that as my lens is fine camera is spotless
    Well assuming the camera is not damaged and working OK......believe me, you can get excellent results with the X-700 (well and any decent camera) and I could post shots of what quality you can achieve from a £1 Helios 44m lens from a boot sale as well as zooms from £1-£12, but I don't think it would be of much help to you.
    But if you have a useless scanner there is not much point in showing your shots on the forum.

Shooter
    35mm
    iv been checking ebay for lenses but so far not much going

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by viridari View Post
    I can see that, but can we get back to the topic at hand?
    Unless the lens is so awful or the body/film collimation is totally out of whack or the light meter/film speeds are completely off, you won't see very visible different results between different cameras in postcard sized photos....

Perhaps directly comparing a top len's result to a mediocre one, you'd see a difference at that size, but how a camera is used will usually outweigh that (again, unless the camera is defective).

So, while certainly not my first choice asa camera, a Minolta X700 is undoubtedly good enough for most purposes.
    M6, SL, SL2, R5, P6x7, SL3003, SL35-E, F, F2, FM, FE-2, Varex IIa

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A simple test:
    Find a landscape you like.
    Take the filter off.
    Set the lens to infinity.
    Make sure the sun isn't shining into the lens.
    Close the diaphragm to f/8.0
    Take a light reading off the ground/mid-distance (don't meter sky).
    Put the camera on a tripod/fence (if possible)
    Shoot several shots, bracketing the exposure (= also using faster & slower shutter speeds than indicated by your meter).

If your shots are then less than vivid & sharp, there's something badly wrong somewhere (the bracketed shots might help track down an exposure or shutter problem).

A new lens is *not* the solution, unless yours is defective or you want a different focal length.
    M6, SL, SL2, R5, P6x7, SL3003, SL35-E, F, F2, FM, FE-2, Varex IIa

Shooter
    35mm
    iv been checking ebay for lenses but so far not much going
    Well just don't get any lens, check the forums for the best "bang for buck" ones to get. The reason I got Minolta cameras (also have SRT101b with 58mm f1.4 for £12) to my collection was because:- lenses e.g. Vivitar were going a lot cheaper than for say a Nikon.
    Anyway you haven't said what lenses you are using...........................

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin