Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,299   Posts: 1,535,783   Online: 737

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberspider View Post
    well im yet to get a really good shot thats sharp and clear but i cant work out why im not really getting that as my lens is fine camera is spotless
    I do think that Jessops is your problem. I had a similar issue when I lived in Sweden: prints and scans were a little soft and quite contrasty, it drove me mad for a while, I started questioning my lens, my technique and my film. But those same images that seemed so soft are now producing wonderfully sharp 10x8 prints in my darkroom. The problem was the scanning.

Try another lab, it might have to be mail order but you need to find a good one before you can start working on your technique. Otherwise you'll never know if it's you or the lab that's to blame.
    Steve.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur2 View Post
    Well just don't get any lens, check the forums for the best "bang for buck" ones to get. The reason I got Minolta cameras (also have SRT101b with 58mm f1.4 for £12) to my collection was because:- lenses e.g. Vivitar were going a lot cheaper than for say a Nikon.
    Anyway you haven't said what lenses you are using...........................
    ok lenses vivitar sms 80-200 mm 1:4.5 mc macro focusing zoom no.77210559 55mm

minolta md 50 mm 1:2

plus metering with the x700 could some one tell me as the book is a bit cryptic push the timer button down and half depress shutter is this right
    Leave nothing but footprints.Kill nothing but time.

Shooter
    35mm
    Steve.

Shooter
    35mm
    ok lenses vivitar sms 80-200 mm 1:4.5 mc macro focusing zoom no.77210559 55mm

minolta md 50 mm 1:2

plus metering with the x700 could some one tell me as the book is a bit cryptic push the timer button down and half depress shutter is this right

Well the number 77 on Vivitar means it was made by Kobori (vivitar sub-contracted work out), which means it can be excellent or just OK...in buying Vivitar lenses the first numbers to go for are:- 22, 28 and 37 as you have a better chance of getting a very good lens. From memory and what I have read, your Minolta lens is not the best 50mm but you should still get very good shots from it.

On the X-700 why not let the camera do the work, set it on "A" and set the lens to e.g. f5.6 for daylight for 200asa film... and you can concentrate on taking shots and you can always go to manual any time.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good morning, SyberSpider;

Perkeleellinen may have a point. I also wondered about the processing of the film and printing of the negatives or the digital scanning. I have several samples of the Minolta X-700, and if there is not an obvious problem with the body, the film comes out fine. One of my X-700s is in the shop right now trying to see why the 1/500 and 1/1000 second shutter settings come out about 1 full stop slow (1/500 is about 1/270 second). But for the range where the shutter speeds are valid, that camera has produced normal density negatives with good contrast and saturation. I do not think that the "muddiness" as it has been described is coming from the camera body. If you are using a lens hood and everything is proper, you should be getting good negatives and prints from your body and lenses.
    Enjoy;

Ralph Javins, Latte Land, Washington

When they ask you; "How many Mega Pixels you got in your camera?"
    just tell them; "I use activated silver bromide crystals tor my image storage media."

Shooter
    35mm
    ah no lens hood and im shooting a roll now with no uv filter

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Rather than use Jessops, give these people a try - I have been very pleased with the results. £4 for develop and scan at 2000 x 3000 http://www.photo-express.co.uk/index.html. They post back the day they receive your film.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by mr rusty View Post
    Rather than use Jessops, give these people a try - I have been very pleased with the results. £4 for develop and scan at 2000 x 3000 http://www.photo-express.co.uk/index.html. They post back the day they receive your film.
    hey thanks for that link £6.99 for 36 i pay £7 now and have like a 3 day wait

Shooter
    35mm
    may have found the problem with the x-700
    as i was cleaning i see this

Shooter
    Multi Format
    may have found the problem with the x-700
    as i was cleaning i see this
    <Wary of being sucked in again>

Is that foam or flocking coming loose or is it bent metal (result of a blow which undoubtedly also changed the alignment of the lens mount)?

If deformation from a blow, it's a wonder you got any kind of sharpish image at all...

If loose flocking, it shouldn't have a large effect, unless it really is seriously blocking the light path.
    M6, SL, SL2, R5, P6x7, SL3003, SL35-E, F, F2, FM, FE-2, Varex IIa

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin