Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 76,317   Posts: 1,681,926   Online: 832

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have a thing for well used, somewhat abused cameras. The ones that are completely functional mechanically but look like crap. The ones that have their, shall we say, quirks.

Case in point, my Speed Graphic. I'm going to take some 5x7 black and whites of how it's set up right now so people can laugh at it. I have a 125mm no name barrel lens on a 4x4 square corner board taped to the front standard, which is the type that accepts the round corner boards. I have a piece of wood screwed to the bottom with a hole and a hollow screw piece inside to act as a tripod socket since my daughter tipped my tripod and broke the original one off. The leatherette is coming off and will soon need replacing, but I'm waiting. There's a bit of corrosion on the front when it's folded.

The bellows are light tight, the shutter works and is accurate enough, and I can see through the ground glass. Only things you need, right?
    No idea what's going to happen next, but I'm hoping it involves being wrist deep in chemicals come the weekend.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think we'd get along just fine...

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Brim View Post

"I have a thing for well used, somewhat abused ..."

"...ones that are completely functional mechanically but look like crap."

"...ones that have their, shall we say, quirks."
    Michael Robert Taylor
    Ottawa

I wish I'D said that.... Bartlett

http://www.apug.org/gallery1/browsei...imageuser=7358

Shooter
    35mm
    Original Spotmatic is a beautiful camera, I also like the ME/ME Super.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pentax4ever View Post
    Original Spotmatic is a beautiful camera, I also like the ME/ME Super.
    I agree. Especially the black body Spotmatic.

I once won a bid for a 135mm f2.5 SMC Takumar, and when I opened the package, I was pleasantly surprised to find a nice clean black Spotmatic attached to the back of the lens.

The seller forgot to mention that the camera was part of the auction which is why it probably did not get a lot of bids. This was a few years ago when black Spotties were going for ridiculous amounts of money on ebay.

I actually contacted the seller to ask if it was not a mistake and he replied that the body and lens were offered as a unit and to enjoy my new camera.
    The Pentax MX, mounted on the MX Winder is cool.

And I also really like the Minolta XE7, the various Graflex SLRs and the original Nikon FM.
    Last edited by Zathras; 03-23-2010 at 11:05 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    When the chips are down,

The buffalo is empty!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm really surprised no-one has mentioned the Kodak 35 so far

What can I say, it was the first 35mm camera that I actually owned!
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    I'm really surprised no-one has mentioned the Kodak 35 so far

What can I say, it was the first 35mm camera that I actually owned!
    Wow! Never saw one of those before, but I LIKE it!!!
    When the chips are down,

The buffalo is empty!!!

top 5 best looking 35mm slrs:

pentax spotmatic
    nikon f, with plain prism
    olympus om-3
    exakta varex iia, early
    topcon re super, early

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Athiril View Post
    ... and the RB67 Pro-S.
    Not 35mm, but I agree completely.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just in SLR's...

Favorite-Pentax LX, naturally. Even nicer in reality than its pictures. About the size and weight of a Nikon FM/FE series machine, but with interchangeable finders. Simple, clean lines with subtle curves which usually are not noticed in pictures of it. Very solid. Great balance.

Also, Nikon F2 with plain prism, F with plain prism, Nikon FM series, Minolta SR-T 101/102, Olympus OM-1, Pentax Spotmatic, Contax RTS series, older Canon F-1. Incredibly clean and angular, the Topcon RE Super/Super D, charmingly interesting with its 4-point star like a Lincoln town car, Miranda Sensorex.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I love the look of the Nikon F4. So MANLY! Also, I always get compliments when I'm out with my Nikonos III. People love a big, odd looking camera.

But, without question or shadow of doubt, the best looking camera in my opinion is the Pentax 67II. With the wood hotshoe grip on, it is both manly and exquisite at the same time. And it is lefty friendly!! No wonder it is my favorite camera of all time.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pentax67II.jpg  
    David

A Holga is an ugly woman, a Brownie is a delicious treat.

dromanophoto.blogspot.com/

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin